Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

actually mostly just an unboxing
    check his reflected nose pick at 5.12.. eeewwww
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    that ui looks quite a bit faster than my pre...anybody else notice that?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Well the software is a more updated one. The unboxing was pleasant.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    yes, this repeats what I mentioned in a previous post, that all videos of the Pixi suggest it's user interface is much much faster. Opening apps, flicking pictures, etc. all seem to be much more responsive.

Previous commentators had suggested it's because Palm had overclocked the processor in the demo units, but this video (of a retail unit) shows that the Pixi either has a better processor/hardware arrangement, or a more optimized version of the operating system.
    drawing 80 less rows of pixels may have an affect here

either way seems awesome for my wife....cause then i can play with it tooooooo
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I know we know most about webOS, but 7 minutes of unboxing and 1 minute of opening the dial and mail app?

I don't even understand the unboxing video hype. Do people really care that much about the box?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I know we know most about webOS, but 7 minutes of unboxing and 1 minute of opening the dial and mail app?

I don't even understand the unboxing video hype. Do people really care that much about the box?
    I guess the majority does; if they didn't, there wouldn't be any packages setup for todays technology.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    No headphones, weird. No orange button either, thought we were told that was just because it was the demo and the retail would be colored properly. Guess we need a new name for the orange button.

edit] UGH! Where's the facebook app demo? What a tease.
    Quote Originally Posted by its that nerd View Post

actually mostly just an unboxing
    Tks for the link. Wish it was longer.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Holy crap, it is a LOT faster, especially considering the less-capable processor.

And I agree on the concept of the unboxing video. Come on! At least show what version of the OS its running...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    [QUOTE=Brain_ReCall;2020497]Holy crap, it is a LOT faster, especially considering the less-capable processor.QUOTE]

It was snappy.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    How about the function button instead of orange button?
    Very snappy interface. I'm sure when the pre gets the update it will be just as fast. Showed this to the wifey and she is ready to retire the 755p for the pixi.
    It also didn't have any accounts on it yet, there was no data to load when launching apps.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  16. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I like that they got rid of the solitary center button, I barely use that thing.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have to say, I was impressed. I was expecting a much more laggy interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    How about the function button instead of orange button?
    I guess I'd rather call it "Alt" -- the alternate button, that's really what it is, isn't it?
    Guys, sivan makes a good point. My Pre was pretty snappy right out of the box too - right before I dumped 2,500 contacts' worth of data onto it. Not trying to be a contrarian or a downer, but it's my guess that the Pixi will bog right down once it's actually placed under any kind of real-world usage load. Unless, of course, the speed enhancements rumored for 1.3+ actually come to pass.

Unboxing videos are a good idea, IMO, but their execution is always off. It's always some uber-geeky dude mouth-breathing into the mic and fumbling his hands around the packaging like a 13-year-old trying to take off his first girlfriend's bra. Worse than that, actually, because the whole affair usually reeks of apathy.

Enough whining, though: I'm grateful that this guy took the time to show us the Pixi - I just wish we'd seen more of the phone, and less of the orange corrugated cardboard and USB charger.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I have to admit, after seeing that video... it's not NEARLY as awful looking as the ads make it seem in real life. As a matter of fact, if it had power and features comparable to the Pre, I'd be willing to get one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast