Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    here it is
  2.    #62  
    look down
  3.    #63  
    Last edited by icellphones; 11/09/2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: cuz
    whoa whoa whoa, whats up with that funky box where vemio has the video on precentral, its not on MY pre, is there some underlying function for flash i detect?
    There are four lights.
    wow it looks really slow do u have your contacts on it??
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    whoa whoa whoa, whats up with that funky box where vemio has the video on precentral, its not on MY pre, is there some underlying function for flash i detect?
    At what time?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    no facebook app?
    Seems about the same as 1.2.1 on the Pre.

One thing to keep in mind when watching a short video is that we don't know what the memory situation is like. If the users worked with a bunch of cards they could be on the verge of a too many cards error and the device will be laggy.

A more accurate video would begin with launching the first card.
  9.    #69  
    yea it has a newer facebook app
    Quote Originally Posted by jbern8 View Post
    At what time?
    around 1:28 its in the card that he does not maximize.
    Quote Originally Posted by icellphones View Post
    yea it has a newer facebook app
    Any other differences you see in 1.3.1? You can forward texts correct? What else is different?

WHAT? this has Flash or something......I see that too....that doesnt show up on my pre whe nI go to precentral.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Definitely the latest post on Precentral, which just shows blank (the video) on the Pre. Could be a "install flash" image though.. Maybe a link to the youtube player. Or.. flash...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Its running on 1.3.1, same old webOS but runs quicker, 360 accelerometer, no Facebook app yet, keys are solid without gel tips (perfect for texters), 2mp camera works good with flash, speaker volume to low, no video, able to open about 16 apps till it slows, and no center button (GREAT IDEA... just like the BB trackball always gets dirty). I will throw some homebrew apps later this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Definitely the latest post on Precentral, which just shows blank (the video) on the Pre. Could be a "install flash" image though.. Maybe a link to the youtube player. Or.. flash...
    either way having the browser recognize an object embeded in the script is a necessary step for flash support. Or at least I always thought it was.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Maybe it's just a place holder for a flash object, but there is no backend to run that object yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    Its running on 1.3.1, same old webOS but runs quicker, 360 accelerometer, no Facebook app yet, keys are solid without gel tips (perfect for texters), 2mp camera works good with flash, speaker volume to low, no video, able to open about 16 apps till it slows, and no center button (GREAT IDEA... just like the BB trackball always gets dirty). I will throw some homebrew apps later this week.
    so would u say its better than the pre or just as good?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Jumped on hulu.com and NO flash.... most likely the next update or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Seems about the same as 1.2.1 on the Pre.

One thing to keep in mind when watching a short video is that we don't know what the memory situation is like. If the users worked with a bunch of cards they could be on the verge of a too many cards error and the device will be laggy.

A more accurate video would begin with launching the first card.
    I agree. Seems reasonable once inside the app, switching between them dogs it down some. Also, besides possibly less RAM, we know it's running an ARM11, probably clocked in the 500MHz range, which would put it at least 75% slower than a Pre.

Web browsing can't be compared since he was stuck on 1xRTT during the demo.
    Animations are noticeably faster and appear smother, especially web browser scrolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    text forwarding?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast