Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I've been in and out of the Palm Pre bandwagon for quite some time now. I've experienced new and old hardware problems - ever since launch day (with several replacements and exchanges); it's been a little over a month without a Palm Pre and I do miss the phone. But, with the Pixi's launch 10 days away; I think I'll be getting one.

Palm WebOS is keeping on ship, but the Pre's hardware just doesn't live up to it's amazing software. Internally.. it has the specs; but it's useless if I'd have to replace a unit every now and then. I'd like to have a phone up to at least the next upgrade offered.

So, I've been wondering; is anyone in the same boat as I am; or if they've been waiting for an upgrade to the Pixi?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I'm one of the lucky ones. Bought my Pre about 1 week after launch date and have not had any problems, software or hardware.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    I'm one of the lucky ones. Bought my Pre about 1 week after launch date and have not had any problems, software or hardware.
    Extremely lucky I'd say..

Even if there are people out there satisfied with their Pre; it still may have it's problems. Being as the Pre is a slider phone, it's much more delicate. I wished the sliding mechanism is more solid though.. My main concern is just the poor build quality.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I have a launch-day Pre and having no problems with it as well.
    Another lucky one got mine one week after release. No problems.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Are you guys attempting to pull me back onto Pre-ship?
    Count me lucky too.

- Craig
    I love my Pre, but think I like the form factor of the Pixi better. I haven't had any build quality issues, but I prefer the keyboard always being accessible. I find that I don't always use universal search for launching apps for example, even though I know it's easier, partly because of the keyboard not being exposed (and the other part being because it sometimes takes longer for the search than to just tap on the screen).

Basically, if the Pixi had Wifi and the same CPU as the Pre, then I'd want it instead. As it is now, I'll take the slider form factor, because those two are more important to me.
    im blessed as well . just remember your more likely to here how the hardware isnt up to par form a few people than to here how good the hardware id from 1000 people. not only that some people just dont take care of their stuff they have no regaurd for money or .... blah blah blah you get what im sayin . anyways and yes the pre does have some issues but you still have to weigh the two sides right ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Yeah haha..

I guess there's always going to be pros and cons; and I definitely baby the Pre when I had it. I take care all my things; I guess there's still that insecurity.

Muuuuuuust make a decision raaawr.
    I was tempted to wait for the Pixi; but after some research, I've decided to give the Palm Pre a try.
    i had 4 palm pre replacements when i had one, and had to cancel on the 10th day of the service which was about 2 months ago.

now the pixi is everything i want. its a candybar, like blackberries. its small, its cute, its FAST (in the videos ive seen the apps open quite swiftly). i do NOT need wifi so that doesn't affect me at all.

so im BACK ! yay (:
    cant wait till next sunday<3
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i had 4 palm pre replacements when i had one, and had to cancel on the 10th day of the service which was about 2 months ago.

now the pixi is everything i want. its a candybar, like blackberries. its small, its cute, its FAST (in the videos ive seen the apps open quite swiftly). i do NOT need wifi so that doesn't affect me at all.

so im BACK ! yay (:
    cant wait till next sunday<3
    Why did you need to replace your Pres?
    all hardware issues.
    mainly dead pixels and heat areas on the screen.
    OH and light leaks on the side -__-
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    all hardware issues.
    mainly dead pixels and heat areas on the screen.
    OH and light leaks on the side -__-
    Ugh.. sounds like a pain; The Pre is tempting, so tempting.. but as long as these horror stories spread this way - it'll remain as a temptation =/
    i LOVED webos, but i personally felt the hardware was SO BAD that i ran away from sprint as fast as i could rofl >.<
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Well.. I've wanted to run away from Sprint due to their customer service; but at this point.. I can honestly say - I'm still around because of WebOS. Well I'm getting Palm Pre's in the mail on Monday .. lets see how that goes; if anything I'll just exchange it for Palm Pixi's when they're out