Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to this Sprint promo, Pixi is "GPS and Wifi Capable." Now this is probably a typo but still interesting.

Sprint: Holiday
    Holy crap! You weren't kidding were you? LOL! If this is true, and I'll admit my occasional naivety, my wife will love this phone. *Crosses fingers*
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    No way. This is against everything we've heard since... ever.

Cool.

EDIT: Haha they list the Pre as having a "Huge touchscreen."

This website is full of errors.

(I love my Pre, but 3.1'' is small.)
    What the heck is in the red box? Is that a front facing camera?

ambient light sensor and proximity sensor. but they should be virtually "invisible"
    Is the chat on sprint website automated? I asked it and it did NOT deny wifi. just said it couldn't comment as its not offered for sale online.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Thats what i figured, but i see no reason for them to be "shown" on a sprint website. No one would see that and say "wow, it has sensors on top"

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    ambient light sensor and proximity sensor. but they should be virtually "invisible"
    Sprint had an epic fail when they posted an update that palm did not release. So, another sprint fail is in the works, i predict :-p
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    @MikeDunzik @gage006: why no wifi? ==> Sprint's CDMA network offers great coverage and bandwidth for their target customer for #pixi

Takeaways From Twitter: Palm's Pixi Answers
    I found this to be the most interesting thing said during twitter thing.
    @lavhorto when will the app install limit be fixed? ==> We hear you on this one...focusing on Pixi-specific questions right now
    It everything but confirms that the app limit is being remedied, which i already expected. So in other words, the twitter thing wasnt very informative or interesting.
    Is it possible that someone may not have proof read the web advertisement content?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    who cares about the pixi buy a pre its better
    Who cares? Many would if it had wifi, which it won't.
    i see a horse named wifi, and it's dead...what should we do to it?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    lol, this is hilarious.

Although this is quite interesting; is it just me, or the Pixi could be shipped with a WiFi radio but without the materials to provide availability to consumers use.
    Last edited by Shado.F; 11/03/2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    ... or the Pixi could be shipped with a WiFi radio but without the materials to provide availability to consumers use.
    That's not beyond the realm of possibilities. And, they wouldn't be the first electronics manufacturer to do such a thing. Some even turn them on later, for a fee of course!!!

My guess is, the Pixi doesn't have WiFi because they are trying not to give people too much reason to choose the Pixi over the Pre, but I could be wrong. It would be really nice if it had it after all.
    tim
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    That's not beyond the realm of possibilities. And, they wouldn't be the first electronics manufacturer to do such a thing. Some even turn them on later, for a fee of course!!!

My guess is, the Pixi doesn't have WiFi because they are trying not to give people too much reason to choose the Pixi over the Pre, but I could be wrong. It would be really nice if it had it after all.
    My guess is the same; but it isn't wrong to hope that Sprint's Ad isn't just another screw up.
    Check the OP's link to the ad NOW. They edited the wi-fi reference out of the ad. Sorry. No wi-fi. As OP suspected, it was a typo.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    And yet, I've noticed another 'error' ; "Huge screen ..." really? Damn Sprint, false advertisements is not cool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast