1.    #1  
    was on youtube and came across this.

looks really nice but i am sticking with the pre mainly for wifi but yea cool vid
    I'm all for the Pixi's success, but damn, that was a horrible video. Couldn't they rehearse it a little more? Maybe just a little stage presence? lol
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm wondering why there are some units with the Sprint Logo and some without. Would make sense that the ones without the Sprint logos are demos.
    Last edited by Shado.F; 10/27/2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    cool little phone!
    I just hope it takes off and becomes the new centro-esq of webos. It would be nice to shut these analyst up.
    Wow, one of the least inspiring product videos I've seen in a long, long while.
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    That guy is a horrible spokesman. Phone looks hot though, wish it had the Pre guts in that same form factor.
    Jeez, what a terrible advertisement for the Pixi. He was blatently reading what he was saying, how much could it cost to invest in a decent spokesperson for 5 minutes work!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    was on youtube and came across this.

looks really nice but i am sticking with the pre mainly for wifi but yea cool vid
    The more I see of the Pixie, the more intrigued I become. I initially found the Pre a little daunting, but Pixie may just get me hungry again for Palm product, be it Web OS or WM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The Pixi should be a solid hit considering it shouldn't suffer from the hardware issues that the have plagued the Pre.
    Purely riveting presentation..
    That's the problem with the Intranet....everyone thinks they can make movies (or take pictures or a hundred other things).

Back in the "old days" that guy would have been tossed at hello.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Terrible video...however, it was nice to see the Pixi again in more official lighting :P
    I hope the Pixi is a success for Palm's sake.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    It just occurred to me - are you going to have to hit the stupid button on the top left every time you want to use the phone? It's ok with the Pre because if you're using it for more than a couple of seconds you're going to be sliding out the keyboard anyway. But if the only way to turn the Pixi on is by the button on the top, that would be pretty annoying.
    So... to return to the home screen you have to go to the center of the gesture panel and swipe up... goofy.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    So... to return to the home screen you have to go to the center of the gesture panel and swipe up... goofy.
    Not necessarily; there's a bar like glow that you can tap on to also minimize/card view or reach the 'home screen.' It's located at the center of the gesture area.
    Oh... I did notice something there. That makes more sense.

I'll stick to my Pre, though. Old habits die hard.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Oh... I did notice something there. That makes more sense.

I'll stick to my Pre, though. Old habits die hard.
    I'd love to be mentally strong enough to handle the Pre's horrific build; but I fell in the battle field long ago.
    The Video: it's a good start.

I kind of look at it as a preview (trailer) for the better trailers. Number one rule of business: Under promise and over deliver...