Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    PRE for me Pixi for my GF ROFL
    the only thing i would worry about is can the pixi multi task as fast and as much as the pre??
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    the only thing i would worry about is can the pixi multi task as fast and as much as the pre??
    Well from my observations; it's as fast, but with it's lower limit (how many applications open at a time) it slows down quicker than the Pre - I believe.
    pixi will be great for me because i would only have 2 or 3 cards open at a time anyway (:
    does anyone know if palm will send a video recording app or some sort of software that supports video recording although i love you tube i would love to record and watch my own videos i know to some its not a big deal but some of the cheesiest phones out there have video recording capabilities
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDog73 View Post
    does anyone know if palm will send a video recording app or some sort of software that supports video recording although i love you tube i would love to record and watch my own videos i know to some its not a big deal but some of the cheesiest phones out there have video recording capabilities
    Tough luck bruh .. no video recording as of now; and there isn't any sign of those capabilities anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Tough luck bruh .. no video recording as of now; and there isn't any sign of those capabilities anytime soon.
    The outlook is not quite that gloomy, as you can see by the quote below

Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    Anyway, thanks to some poking and prodding / suggestions by some 'ice' gentlemen, I have a working pipeline for a complete on-phone recorder. Just a few kinks to work out here and there.
    from this post/thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...ml#post2017666
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

from this post/thread

It's nice to know; and I'm well aware its being developed by the homebrew community. But I'm sure new customers won't be seeing that advertised when they buy a WebOS powered phone.

At the moment, it is quite gloomy lol.
    No wifi really sucks, personally, everything else the Pixi is missing I would be fine with if it had wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

from this post/thread

Sure, Android and iPhone is getting all the hype, but that's what works in Palm's favor. Palm can work under the radar to get things right.

3rd party people like the link above who love what they do can create apps and hacks to make WebOs better than what it is.

Remember, before the Palm/Access OS died, there was Chatter E-mail!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    No wifi really sucks, personally, everything else the Pixi is missing I would be fine with if it had wifi.
    I agree; I'm sure at the $99 price point - having WiFi would only do good.

Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Sure, Android and iPhone is getting all the hype, but that's what works in Palm's favor. Palm can work under the radar to get things right.

3rd party people like the link above who love what they do can create apps and hacks to make WebOs better than what it is.

Remember, before the Palm/Access OS died, there was Chatter E-mail!
    As great as it sounds; at the end of the day when someone makes a purchase - they look at what the product offers 'now'. A regular consumer isn't going to dig deep into the World Wide Web for hacks to transform the product they bought, it's safe to assume that most consumers spend their money on what they want and need.

That being said, I'm satisfied with what WebOS currently offers; I'm just looking forward to more updates - everyone including myself appreciates more options and features.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12