Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'd love to see a webOS phone with a 3.5 or greater screen. I have the Pre right now and love it, but I do get a little screen(is) envy of other iphones.

Does anyone know if Palm is planning to release a 3rd webOS phone in the near future?

3.5+ inch screen PLEASE
    Virtual Keyboard PLEASE
    16, 32 GB options PLEASE
    3G/4G radio PLEASE (I'm outside of Philadelphia and I know CLEAR is about to roll out 4G, so I'm assuming Sprint will ride their lines?)

Also, get on more carriers..
    Personally I'd like to see a phone with a slider or flip keyboard in landscape (horizontal) orientation. A bigger screen would be nice, but a better keyboard would be even nicer.

I like the physical keyboard, it's one of the main reason I chose to hold out for the Pre instead of getting an iPhone (I mean, besides multitasking, the Mojo SDK, and my loathing of Apple).
    I'll never understand people who actually prefer virtual keyboards.
    I didn't realize how great hardware keyboards are until I got the pre. That said, I'd switch to a full touchscreen webOS phone if it was nice enough.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I'm with the OP. Mmmm 3g/4g radio with full touch screen webos. Drool.
    I typed an entire sentence on my pre with my eyes closed the other day. I was trying not to sneeze. I didn't make an errors. Try that on a virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    I typed an entire sentence on my pre with my eyes closed the other day. I was trying not to sneeze. I didn't make an errors. Try that on a virtual keyboard.
    I can type in my password on my iPod Touch without looking. Just sayin'...
    Okay. Why not just get an iPhone if you want a larger phone and virtual keyboard. Otherwise, there is a homebrew patch for a virtual keyboard.

The Pre is bigger than the pixi and you already have the option for a virtual keyboard. Why would anyone want to do away with a physical keyboard when the Pre offers the best of both worlds. I don't get it.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I can type in my password on my iPod Touch without looking. Just sayin'...
    lol
    I like hardware keyboards an all, but not so much on Palm phones. It is a love/hate relationship for me, because sometimes they seem way easier to type on and others they are just plain difficult! I don't like the touch screen keyboard on the iPhone at all (only sometimes on my iPod touch), but when I was in the Sprint store today and tried out the Hero, I thought that the touch screen keyboard in vertical mode was actually pretty good, and it had a good spell check function. If Palm could get a good spell check for a virtual (heck, even for hardware) keyboards, I don't think people would complain at all. Actually, if they had both a touch screen and physical keyboard, both with spell check, I would love it! That would be a good selling point for people who like either type of keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by redboy33 View Post
    I'd love to see a webOS phone with a 3.5 or greater screen. I have the Pre right now and love it, but I do get a little screen(is) envy of other iphones.

Does anyone know if Palm is planning to release a 3rd webOS phone in the near future?

3.5+ inch screen PLEASE
    Virtual Keyboard PLEASE
    16, 32 GB options PLEASE
    3G/4G radio PLEASE (I'm outside of Philadelphia and I know CLEAR is about to roll out 4G, so I'm assuming Sprint will ride their lines?)

Wow that sounds alot like an IPHONE.lol

I dont see palm ever doing a phone that doesnt have a physical keyboard, Its kinda their thing.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I think a slider qwerty would look nice. As said before!
    Quote Originally Posted by redboy33 View Post

3.5+ inch screen PLEASE
    Virtual Keyboard PLEASE
    16, 32 GB options PLEASE

don't forget wifi
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    The physical keyboard is part of what makes it a Palm, and I hope that does not change.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wow that sounds alot like an IPHONE.lol

I dont see palm ever doing a phone that doesnt have a physical keyboard, Its kinda their thing.
    Actually they did. It's called a Treo 180g. But back then they have something called Graffiti 1.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    we complain about battery life now, but want a 4G radio? lol
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I'm with the OP...sounds dreamy. I need the physical QWERTY, tho, and landscape would be best. I kind of like the basic form of the Sidekick with the "handles" on each side of the screen...but ditch the swivel for a straight slider. I think it would be more comfortable to type on...the gesture area(s) could be on the handles...would be a good form factor for gaming, too- if that ever gets ramped-up on webOS.
    I want the larger screen myself. The Pre already has a virtual keyboard that is fantastic and you can even change the themes on it. (Something the IPhone can't do).

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I want the larger screen myself. The Pre already has a virtual keyboard that is fantastic and you can even change the themes on it. (Something the IPhone can't do).

Rob
    Technically the Pre doesn't even have a virtual keyboard, so changing the themes is impossible. It was implemented using Root access with the help of 3rd party developers.

As for the iPhone, they have the same community; and I'm aware that you can change the virtual keyboard themes as well.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I've been Treo owner for 9 years and i love the keyboard BUT i think a phone with a larger screen and a virtual keyboard would round out the line very nicely. RIM has done it and they seem to know something about gaining marketshare.

I'm not sure I would buy it but I would love to see it in the line,
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast