Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Nevermind, Palm please copy the Motorola Droid! maybe add a faster processor and nvidia graphics chip while you are at it.

DROOL.......
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Actually the Palm has a faster processor than the droid and a 3d graphics accelerator. It's their crappy web only design and non-use of that processor that makes the phone so friggen sluggish.

Everyone is oogling over the Droid, but remember, Android 2.0 will be open to everybody and there is nothing propreitary about the phone. In a few months, there will be 10 devices that will be very similar performance/functionality wise. All the while while Palm slowly get's 1 new model out that is slower and less capable than it's predecessor.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Yup, I think the Pixi is a great design. But why did they need to downgrade the processor?? That doesn't make any sense. I can kinda understand removing wifi if you want to keep the device cheap, but the processor choice was a VERY bad decision.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Pre and Droid both have the same SoC (Cortex A8), which contains the same CPU and GPU.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Yup, I think the Pixi is a great design. But why did they need to downgrade the processor?? That doesn't make any sense. I can kinda understand removing wifi if you want to keep the device cheap, but the processor choice was a VERY bad decision.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Pre and Droid both have the same SoC (Cortex A8), which contains the same CPU and GPU.
    Palm's defense is; the Pixi's form factor and small package wouldn't have been a success if they didn't go with their current decisions. There are trade-offs in many of their decisions.
    I love the move to touch-only, I would defiantly switch if palm released a large touch-only phone, though the Pre is a reasonable compromise.

I just see it as an eventual move for all devices. Though if Palm were to team up with Nuance, as in DragonDictate, I bet they could release a nice phone with amazing vocal recognition. I'm just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by redboy33 View Post
    I'd love to see a webOS phone with a 3.5 or greater screen. I have the Pre right now and love it, but I do get a little screen(is) envy of other iphones.

Does anyone know if Palm is planning to release a 3rd webOS phone in the near future?

3.5+ inch screen PLEASE
    Virtual Keyboard PLEASE
    16, 32 GB options PLEASE
    3G/4G radio PLEASE (I'm outside of Philadelphia and I know CLEAR is about to roll out 4G, so I'm assuming Sprint will ride their lines?)

Also, get on more carriers..
    How bout a Pre or Pixi with a descent keyboard PLEASE?! I am using the Sprint HTC Hero now, doing ok without physical keyboard but really need the one with the keyboard. My wife and I tried the Pre but returned them, son just got the Pre and other son and myself with the Hero and wife has the "Intreprid" Lol Palm what have u done? Your market share has not decrease but you should have married google!
    Why not make a WebOS version of a phone like the Samsung Moment or Moto Droid?

3.6ish'' screen, side-slider. It'd be a killer phone, and give Palm the headlines we all know they need right now. And we all know WebOS, especially if it gets Google Nav, is a much better platform than Android, whether it be Android 1.5, 1.6, or even 2.0.

Just my $0.02.
    virtual keyboards are just fun to text on...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    virtual keyboards are just fun to text on...
    Not fun for a lot of females I know lol.
    From what I hear, chicks with long nails definitely prefer virtual keyboards.

Palm keyboards pretty much have to be used with your fingertips... so no, they're not female friendly.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    From what I hear, chicks with long nails definitely prefer virtual keyboards.

Palm keyboards pretty much have to be used with your fingertips... so no, they're not female friendly.
    Really? Well maybe it's the majority speaking; my significant other has a liking to the Palm's keyboards and other physical keyboards vs any virtual keyboard - may it be capacitive or resistive touch screens.
    Just buy an iPhone if that's what you want...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Really? Well maybe it's the majority speaking; my significant other has a liking to the Palm's keyboards and other physical keyboards vs any virtual keyboard - may it be capacitive or resistive touch screens.
    Do they have long fingernails? I'd guesstimate that the majority of females have long fingernails at some point in time, but I don't really keep up with that, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Just buy an iPhone if that's what you want...
    How can someone buy an Apple product if they're anti-Apple? They can't!

I want a tablet smartphone. And by tablet, I don't mean slab. I mean TABLET. As in tablet computer.. with a hardware keyboard. You can use it in 3 modes -- dumphone mode, tablet/slab mode, & tablet/mini-computer mode. When am I gonna see *that* phone??

How can someone buy an Apple product if they're anti-Apple? They can't!
    Don't think he ever mentioned that...
    This thread's not really about one guy is it? He even admitted he liked the Droid.

I don't possibly understand how somebody could want a slab with no keyboard over a vertical slider, horizotal slider, or tablet. They're all essentially slabs with optional keyboards. The slab with no keyboard is the least versatile of them all.
    tbh the virtual keyboard is wank imo when browsing the delete button doesnt work an there are many other glitches i think who ever made it has just stopped working on it now which is dissapointing
    UK PRE USER
    Yup... the hacked virtual keyboard is definitely whack. It just popped up for the first time today, I made a mistake and couldn't go back! What a disappointment. And I don't think it comes up all the time, just whenever it wants... or maybe I'm just not doing it right
    I think all touch is played out.
    Not when your Pre's in landscape orientation!! That's all I want it for. There's already a virtual keyboard on my Pre... but its backspace key doesn't work, so that's a pretty big bummer. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay. Why not just get an iPhone if you want a larger phone and virtual keyboard. Otherwise, there is a homebrew patch for a virtual keyboard.

The Pre is bigger than the pixi and you already have the option for a virtual keyboard. Why would anyone want to do away with a physical keyboard when the Pre offers the best of both worlds. I don't get it.
    The reason is better build quality! The proof is in the pre forum. Not having a slider would make all difference. Had palm made the pre like this they would have sold millions by now and not a few 100,000 of them. I have a pre and a hero and can actually type faster and more accurately on the hero and I prefer hard keyboards too.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast