1.    #1  
    Someone noticed this on the front page post, the Pixi's charging port appears to be buried behind the back plate completely. So Touchstone or bust? What's up with that? It appears to have the same anemic battery the Pre does, so charging will be a must?
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Actually that is incorrect, while it may appear that way, there is actually a small magnetic flap on the back plate that allows you to access it. So the touchstone charger is not required to charge it, although who wouldn't want one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bomberjm View Post
    Actually that is incorrect, while it may appear that way, there is actually a small magnetic flap on the back plate that allows you to access it. So the touchstone charger is not required to charge it, although who wouldn't want one?
    Well I've never had an issue with dust getting into any charging port. Perhaps just for a cleaner look?

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    Someone noticed this on the front page post, the Pixi's charging port appears to be buried behind the back plate completely. So Touchstone or bust? What's up with that? It appears to have the same anemic battery the Pre does, so charging will be a must?
    Video of the micro USB port.

Viddler.com - Palm Pixi hardware demo - Uploaded by engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Sharkims may be referring to the pictures of the pixi that palm has on its website.

unless its that well hidden, i dont see the flap. not to say its not there, but it isnt visible in palms official photos in its "pixi gallery".
  6.    #6  
    Yeah thanks for posting that video. I couldn't figure out how you charged it for the life of me.

That flap actually looks easier to use than the Pre's.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    ... because the cover doesn't break as easily. I bought my Pre the day it came out, and was worried that the thin string of plastic holding the port cover on would break with daily use. Wrong, thankfully. I'm careful, and it's never given me a problem. However, I bought my g/f a Pixi one month ago and the magnet attached to the flap has come off. You have to dig your fingernail in to open the flap, and often get it wedged between the rubber and the magnet. Poor design, nice idea.