1.    #1  
    look at 4:19 thru 4:23

That look like a wifi icon to me!
    There was no icon in the drop down menu-- only in the settings page. Maybe they haven't updated WebOS to remove the icon.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Are you looking at the same video, there is NO wifi option in the drop down menu or anywhere in the Pixi.

Read the specs and you will see.
    There doesnt seem to be much of a need for wifi since like the pre you will need to have a sprint everything data plan to activate the phone. So unless ure traveling around the world wifi isnt that big a deal ....
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cubankking456 View Post
    So unless ure traveling around the world wifi isnt that big a deal ....
    ... Or if you're in an area where only 1X data is available.
    ... Or if you work in a datacenter where there is ZERO reception and you need wifi for connection.
    ... Or you want to connect to a higher speed network than EVDO.
    ... etc

Why do some people discount the need of wifi for a group as a whole? I know for me it's an absolute requirement, but for others it may not be. I don't however make blanket statements on what the needs of others are or may be.
    Last edited by loupy; 10/10/2009 at 09:38 AM.
    Wifi is nice to have for anybody with any phone. This would appeal more to business users if they just had Wifi.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I actually find it kind of odd that Sprint is allowing the Pixi to not have wifi. Last I read Sprint started mandating that all their new phones have to have wifi or they won't accept them. Guess Palm has some pull with Sprint. Which actually sucks because I'd trade my Pre for the Pixi in a heart beat if it only had wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    I actually find it kind of odd that Sprint is allowing the Pixi to not have wifi. Last I read Sprint started mandating that all their new phones have to have wifi or they won't accept them. Guess Palm has some pull with Sprint. Which actually sucks because I'd trade my Pre for the Pixi in a heart beat if it only had wifi.
    Sprint has been a great partner for Palm over the years. Pretty much every Palm device has been launched on sprint. The Centro debuted on Sprint. The Treo Pro came to Sprint first as a subsidized phone to replace the Treo 800w. I don't really find it odd that Sprint would make an exception for Palm since they have been working together closely.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    It is probably because they are focusing for a market of people that won't want or need wifi with their phones. Some might not even know what it is or how to use it, so it would just be sitting there on and wasting their battery or what not. Since they have already stated their target market, the old Centro users and teens, mainly, the phone doesn't necessarily need wifi for this market.