Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    For what it is worth. I was at the Nascar Sprint Cup race on Sunday 10/05 at the Kansas Speedway. The gentleman next to me pulled out a phone that said "Sprint" on the front. It was very thin and had a touch screen. About that time he turned to take a picture and I could see the back of the phone said "Palm". I then asked him if that was the new "Pixi". He said "Yes, I guess you also work for Sprint too." I said no I just had read about it online. He said that the Centro users are going to love this new phone. I didn't have a chance to ask any other questions due to the race starting and unfortunately he left before the race ended.

As I said the phone was very thin, however the gentleman was able to use it with ease.

For you doubters go ahead and doubt that's fine as this is my first post with this kind of info and have so little details. However a few things to remember. Kansas Speedway is in the Kansas City metro area where Sprint Corp is located. At the Nascar Sprint Cup race. I was told that Sprint had the largest hospitality tent at the speedway this weekend.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Sounds rather interesting.. if you had gotten more info that would have been a big hit. Thanks for sharing nonetheless, it seems it could be hitting stores in the ranges of late October to Mid November. Although, I may be wrong.
    Lol... should've asked him if he had a facebook app.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Cool, its kinda like seeing a concept car on the roads. Or one of the pre-production models with all that terrible covering on it to make it more discreet.

You shoulda asked if he woulda let you snap a pic with your pre.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Due to lack of time before the race began and highsight of 20/20 there are a few things I wish I could have asked him including for a picture of it. Hopefully I'll have better luck and timing if something like this happens again.
    That sounds awesome! How does it look in person?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    It looked kind of like a very thin centro in terms of size. Keyboard looks similar to the pre. Screen didn't look too small. He was using the camera app on it and didn't seem to be having any issues using it in the early afternoon sun. It looked like a device that if I didn't have the pre and it had the basic specs of a pre I would consider getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by kh4fun View Post
    It looked kind of like a very thin centro in terms of size. Keyboard looks similar to the pre. Screen didn't look too small. He was using the camera app on it and didn't seem to be having any issues using it in the early afternoon sun. It looked like a device that if I didn't have the pre and it had the basic specs of a pre I would consider getting.
    Awesome! Did you see if the pictures took as fast and clear as the pre?
    im so excited for this!!!!

i have a youtube link to a very suspicious video involving wifi and ill post i when i have 10 posts
    ok her it is check it out.
    LOOK FROM 4:19 to 4:23 do you see the wifi icon???

Last edited by its that nerd; 10/06/2009 at 07:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    It appeared that pictures taken on the pixi were being taken fairly fast. However due to the sunlight and angle wasn't able to see if they were as clear.