Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I'm afraid that Palm just hasn't been creative when it come to device names lately:
    Centro
    Pre
    Pixi

The last name I thought was decent was Treo.

Good Luck
    Don't forget about the Foleo.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I think people are putting WAY too much concern into the name of the device. Who cares?

The reality is you're not going to change the name. It is what it is.

Its funny that people now worry about the name of their phone among all the other things.

If you had a friend with an odd name would you have a hard time introducing them?
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_fan View Post
    I just want to try the phone out to see how the lag time is with multiple apps and opening the apps. When trying out a Pre in a Sprint store the other day, it was pretty bad when opening apps.
    I've had the Pixi since Sunday and love it. I'm confident enough with myself that I have no problem telling people the name if they ask. Its a joke that people actually worry about the names now. Regarding lag I don't know how many of these people actually the Pixi, but its not nearly as bad as people are saying. In fact in many cases I think the Pixi is faster then my Pre. I'm very happy with the device I just think its getting false bad reviews/post by people who don't actually have the device.
    I think the name is stupid. But that's not the real issue with the device. The real issue is that Palm crippled it with a slow processor and no wi-fi. And failed to adequately test it before release (but that seems to be a habit with Palm, dating to well before WebOS).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    You can't make a device cheaper by making it just as fast as your flagship device. You have to cripple some features to sell it for less. As far as releasing it without adequate testing that is the way of the world right now. I don't know of a phone (especially a smart phone) that worked perfect out the gate. I definitely agree, though, that the name Pixi is stupid unless they are specifically aiming for the effeminate demographic.
    hey when you hear "PIXI" you automatically think 'pixie' and fairies and wings and cuteness and disney and kids and toys.

Am I right?

And those associations will push you those thoughts onto the phone. honestly, i do look at that phone ,and I do love the candy bar design over the pre, but think it would make a great little phone for my seven year old (before i remember that seven is too young for a cell phone... wait until eight ... and even then she wouldnt like it because the lack of cool apps she plays on the deactivated iphone i gave her)

if the PIXI was spec'ed out like the HTC HD2 and running like a monster then i would be yelling "PIXI!!!" and the machine would overpower the name.

but knowing the specs (lack of wifi and smaller screen, etc) and i think it a weaker phone than the hero or other $99 phones, the name adds to the weakness.

just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    I think people are putting WAY too much concern into the name of the device. Who cares?

The reality is you're not going to change the name. It is what it is.

Its funny that people now worry about the name of their phone among all the other things.

If you had a friend with an odd name would you have a hard time introducing them?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i would never buy a pixi due to the name alone. i'd rather have a pre anyways but the name just caps it.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I dont feel he is being ungrateful, since the Pixi is considered a entry level phone and hopefully will be under 99 bucks. I actually feel Im saving money in the long run because we can all share a pair of car chargers and touchstones.
    Your son may not be ungrateful, but he needs to realize just how lucky he is that he has the option to get such a nice phone. As soon as he gets it and starts using it, he won't care about the name.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg1021 View Post
    Your son may not be ungrateful, but he needs to realize just how lucky he is that he has the option to get such a nice phone. As soon as he gets it and starts using it, he won't care about the name.
    Well you are so right the name doesn't matter much now that he uses it, its actually the most affordable advanced phone for a teen/youth you can buy. Sprint's family data plan is unbeatable not even by t-mobile's new plans.
    Last edited by migs; 12/05/2009 at 08:31 AM.
    This is why I got it for my GF.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    whats in a name? My Pixi is carried daily along side some pretty manly company...lol.

A coworker quipped that he would never want a Pixi because the name sounded feminine. I replied that the key difference between him and me was that I was attracted to females and he orked cows.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    whats in a name? My Pixi is carried daily along side some pretty manly company...lol.

Now it looks like a man's phone, looks a lot more rugged now good job.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234