Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    haha I think of pixie as palm pre little sister who likes to build sand castles with her barbies...I think it should be called palm pre2g
    I can understand your son's worries. I like the idea of offering him the opportunity to pay the difference (in money or in chores) and letting him get a Pre if he wants.

Personally I'm more concerned about the fact that the Pixi seems much less powerful than the Pre. I really need the faster processor and especially the Wifi as there's no 3G where I live.
    I just want to try the phone out to see how the lag time is with multiple apps and opening the apps. When trying out a Pre in a Sprint store the other day, it was pretty bad when opening apps.
    This would have to be one charming device for me to even think about getting something called a "Pixi".

"Hey, cool phone! That's a Palm, right?"
    "Yeah, one of their new WebOS devices. Sweet, huh?"
    "Sure is! I'd love something like that. What's it called?"
    "Well..... Er...... Em......."
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    This would have to be one charming device for me to even think about getting something called a "Pixi".

"Hey, cool phone! That's a Palm, right?"
    "Yeah, one of their new WebOS devices. Sweet, huh?"
    "Sure is! I'd love something like that. What's it called?"
    "Well..... Er...... Em......."
    Haha! Maybe if anyone knew what WebOS was!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    yes
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Hey B,

That song was released in 1969. Only of few of us were around then. Now that we've dated ourselves, I bet most people who post here weren't born yet.

It was a good laugh.

Good Luck
    Perfect inspiration for the OP when talking to his son about the Pixi:

"Son, this world is rough
    And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
    And I know I won't always be there to help ya along
    So I'm given ya this Pixi and I'm sayin' goodbye
    I know you'll have to get tough or die
    And it's the name that'll help to make you strong"

"Now you just fought one hell of a fight
    And I know you hate me, and you got the right
    To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do
    But ya ought to thank me, before I must leave
    For all the multi-tasking and the synergy
    'Cause I'm the son-of-a-***** that bought you Palm Pixi."

Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    My daughter thinks the Pixi is cute but my son on the other hand, thinks the phone is cool, but would have a hard time telling his buds he has a phone named after a mythical fairy.
    The name Pixie is a bit too feminine, but on the other hand, giving a teenage boy a device called Palm...well there's a dirty joke in there somewhere!!
    Why would Palm limit their customer base for this new phone with a very female oriented name? It's almost as if to go after men, they would have named it "Shotgun." At least with no model name on the hardware, they can sell it else where with a different name or change it. All in all, I hope it really takes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Perfect inspiration for the OP when talking to his son about the Pixi:

"Son, this world is rough
    And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
    And I know I won't always be there to help ya along
    So I'm given ya this Pixi and I'm sayin' goodbye
    I know you'll have to get tough or die
    And it's the name that'll help to make you strong"

"Now you just fought one hell of a fight
    And I know you hate me, and you got the right
    To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do
    But ya ought to thank me, before I must leave
    For all the multi-tasking and the synergy
    'Cause I'm the son-of-a-***** that bought you Palm Pixi."

Good One.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    great thread. The Pixi name is why my wife wants one. She thinks the Pre is the guy version and the Pixi is the girl version. It dosent matter to me. They are both great phones.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble79 View Post
    great thread. The Pixi name is why my wife wants one. She thinks the Pre is the guy version and the Pixi is the girl version. It dosent matter to me. They are both great phones.
    Maybe this was Palms intentions from the start, hope it was a smart decision.

It might actually not be to late to change the name if they really wanted too, since its not officially released....
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble79 View Post
    ...The Pixi name is why my wife wants one. She thinks the Pre is the guy version and the Pixi is the girl version. It dosent matter to me. They are both great phones.
    Does the Pixi come with a mirror too? lol

MR. MCNAMEE: It has a mirror on the back. Remember, there has never been a smart phone designed for the needs of women before.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
    Does the Pixi come with a mirror too? lol

MR. MCNAMEE: It has a mirror on the back. Remember, there has never been a smart phone designed for the needs of women before.
    I am guessing you never saw those old commercials for the att lg shine. A slider phone with a mirrored front when the screen is off, the girl that has one is checking her make up with it and the guy is checking out girls that just walked by with his. A bit of a lame commercial, but you get the point.
  15. JW
    I find the name very feminine. I would've preferred a more ambiguous term that doesn't associate to any sex.
    Personally, I think it sounds feminine. Shame, really. The phone looks slick and can look very masculine, but the name will prevent some at least 30% of potential buyers.
    just tell everyone it's a Pre but the keyboard is stuck.

Good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Sea vessels and autos are given feminine names. As for the mythological creature, there are both male and female pixies. Perhaps, as parents, we should spend more time teaching our children that it's wrong to tease or pick on other children because of the name of their phone model or the color of their shirt.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    My name is feminine. Didn't stop me from my accomplishments, nor did it have any direct impact on what I do, how I do things, and why I'm in certain situations.

As for the phone, it shouldn't matter to the point where it's a deciding factor. I'd rather marry Jessica Alba even if her name was Martin than marry Oprah if her name was Mercedes.

It's a nice phone nonetheless, it does what it does. Need it, want it, or vice versa; it's your choice. This thread is pointless.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
    The name Pixie is a bit too feminine, but on the other hand, giving a teenage boy a device called Palm...well there's a dirty joke in there somewhere!!
    Right after I bought my Centro, I made the mistake of mentioning to some techie friends that I'd really been enjoying my Palm the last couple of weeks.

I doubt I'm the only one to ever do that, but my friends remind me of it frequently!
    tim
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast