Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I personally can't use a phone called a Pixi. My wife, the tinker bell freak, however just might...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I think Palm should name their phones like Peter Gabriel named all of his albums in the early 80s.
    (hint: they were all self titled)

sigh
    I need Comedy writers.

Naming their phone pixi just proves once again that the guys at Palm have very big balls
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Its just a name for a phone. geez. Guys refer to their cars and boats as females, so why not their phone. I'm happy with my Pre so it doesn't effect me at all.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    They should've left it as Pixie... Pixi is too girlish.. the 'e' adds some masculinity... j/k..

But really the name Pixi does seem a little feminine, but it wouldn't stop me from getting one. Although, I'm happy with my Pre so that won't be happening. I do think that Palm is definitely making an effort to appeal to women and/or teens. If you can make something that's perceived as cute and fashionable, it'll spread like wildfire. Apple did the same thing.

Plus how many male Pre owners are now thinking they should get a Pixi for their wives/girlfriends? I know I am.
    Well, my ex was looking at getting a Centro several months back and I doubt that she has gotten a new phone so the Pixi would be just right for her. Now what would have been really cool is if we were still together, Palm released the Pixi on ATT. Being the ATT customer that I am, pick one up for myself and my ex got the Sprint Pixi being the Sprint customer that she is. Matching Pixies would have been awesome.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Could just go with the Greek alphabet and it is the Pi Xi.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Well, the name "pixi" isnt actually branded to the phone, at least not as of yet, and i doubt it will be. So unless people know what the phone is, they dont have to know the name of it. For all the less informed friends know, it could be called the Palm : <enter totally cool sub name here>.

Lets face it, it could be worse. it could be a nokia 5869483. lol. I could never remember the dang numbers of my old nokia phones.
    People still think my Treo is a BlackBerry.

I think you're safe to call it anything you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    At the end of the day, what is in a name... sounds like a good "parenting moment" to me... hint, hint... lol
    Would you name a son Susan?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Would you name a son Susan?
    Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue"
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue"
    Hey B,

That song was released in 1969. Only of few of us were around then. Now that we've dated ourselves, I bet most people who post here weren't born yet.

It was a good laugh.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Pixi is a woman oriented phone. Dot.

Just see the introductory video: a woman talking in a shoes shop.

That's not a bad movement at all. There is a huge unattended market by smartphone makers there.

BTW, it's just a name. Take or give it.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Yup, this is what happens when a man owns a pixi..

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Hey B,

That song was released in 1969. Only of few of us were around then. Now that we've dated ourselves, I bet most people who post here weren't born yet.

It was a good laugh.

Good Luck
    Surely we have all seen Walk the Line?
    umm no
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Hey B,

It was a good laugh.

Good Luck
    Johnny Cash is a legend. as a 21 yr old texan, im proud to say i know almost all of his songs.
    I really don't care what the name of the phone is. The Pixi is badass and will be a great phone in the market. Suck it up.
    yes.
    As a guy who was made fun of in Jr. High because I had Ariel (the Little Mermaid) on a folder in my Trapper Keeper, (Hey, I was a kid and thought she was hot, sue me), I've learned not to care three flying s**ts about such things.

Really, be confident in yourself and stop thinking a phone called "Pixi" will ruin your reputation somehow. Because honestly? The people who care about things like that are not worth worrying about.
    if your worried about it so much, just buy him a pre. their not that expensive.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast