Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We all know that all new Palm phones will be able to work with the touchstone, after all... its just so friggin cool! You can buy the touchstone bundle which comes with the proper back to the Pre so that it will work with the touchstone but is the back of the pixi the same demensions? Do i need to by a certain touchstone bundle for the pixi or will it be the same as the pre, in that if i have a pre touchstone bundle i will be fine?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm gonna say you'll need a new back. Here's the dimensions I found for each phone.

Pre
    Height: 3.9 inches
    Width: 2.3 inches

Pixi
    Height: 4.37 inches
    Width: 2.17 inches

Also the touchstone section of Palm's site states you'll need:
    Palm Touchstone Back Cover or Palm Pixi™ Artist Series Back Cover (each sold separately)

Not sure if they're saying there will be a standard black back for the Pixi plus the artist backs or if the Palm back refers to the Pre's touchstone back. Either way the dimensions differ so it will be too different back. I also assume they'll have a Pixi Touchstone kit for new owners and a stand alone back for people who have a Touchstone already.
    When the Pixi is launched, they'll probably either stop with the bundled back/touchstone kit they have now (then sell Pre, Pixi, and Touchstones all separately), or come out with a new Pixi/Touchstone kit. Since the Pixi will have multiple backs available, I would think they're going to stop with the Pre/Touchstone bundle and just sell everything separate.

The Pixi will come with the standard non-Touchstone back. They'll have available a standard-black Touchstone back, or one of those "Artist Series" Touchstone backs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    I'll dig up links if you would like, but Palm is on record stating:

• Both phones will be compatible with the touchstone
    • Neither will come with the touchstone-compatible back cover
    • The Pixi's back cover is incompatible with the Pre, and vice-versa
    • The Pixi will launch with a number of (optional) colorful limited edition covers, designed by artists. Each will be touchstone compatible.
    • No word on the availability of a black touchstone-compatible Pixi cover.
  5.    #5  
    ok, thanks. that helps out a lot
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    That's great, if I ever get a Pixi, I can reuse my Touchstone!
    Sprint Employee Disclaimer
    My replies and comments contain my opinion on the matters which have been posted, and do not represent the rules, policies and regulations of my employer and should not be taken as such.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Ah I thought I read that it came with a touchstone cover. Kinda sucks but oh well.
    i hope that they at least have a plain black cover for the pixi. i dont want one of those artist ones! unless they get one that i like, they better have a plain black one with the grippy back cover for it (like the pre does with the touchstone). i might even buy that without the touchstone just for the grip!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_fan View Post
    i hope that they at least have a plain black cover for the pixi. i dont want one of those artist ones! unless they get one that i like, they better have a plain black one with the grippy back cover for it (like the pre does with the touchstone). i might even buy that without the touchstone just for the grip!
    I think this might be the cover it comes with if you don't get an artist series. Although I thought I saw a different (better looking) back before but I can't find it now.

thanks for the picture. it looks good, almost like a silicone case for your pixi (which i plan on getting once i get one!). thanks for the info though
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's nice that it'd make it scratch resistant. I just think it'd look better if it was black and not gray. I plan on getting an artist background for my girlfriend anyways so I'm fine with the default being ugly to me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Deval View Post
    That's great, if I ever get a Pixi, I can reuse my Touchstone!
    Hey Deval...you are a Mod on sprint users aren't you?
    i hope it actually comes in black, too. if it looks good enough, i might actually get one of these instead of a slip-over silicone case for the pixi. we will have to see
    I heard Best Buy might be carrying the Pixi...any chance on them having any deals like the touchstone?

Be curious if there will be a cradle for those old-school folks like me!
    Any change in how the TS is sold? Two versions of the kit yet?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I bought the Touchstone charger from the Sprint store and they don't have a combo-kit of Touchstone+Pixi back. Instead, I had to buy them separately but Sprint had a combo price. The Touchstone comes with a AC wall charger and USB cable.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I bought the Touchstone charger from the Sprint store and they don't have a combo-kit of Touchstone+Pixi back. Instead, I had to buy them separately but Sprint had a combo price. The Touchstone comes with a AC wall charger and USB cable.
    I wonder if it's possible to tweak the charging cables from a Touchstone so that it can be wired to work for a car. That would be so...boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to tweak the charging cables from a Touchstone so that it can be wired to work for a car. That would be so...boss!
    I asked the Sprint Rep who was helping me that exact question, and she said no it wouldn't work. I'll give it a try soon and will check it out.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    It can be done..one of the sprint reps here has a touchstone in his center console... kind of cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by cescoffery View Post
    It can be done..one of the sprint reps here has a touchstone in his center console... kind of cool.
    When you have more time, more details please! A pic would be cool but not essential.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast