Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm Pixi launching on October 20th? : Boy Genius Report

BGR said:

We just got word that Palm’s second webOS device, the Pixi, is set to launch on October 20th. This includes Sprint corporate stores as well as Best Buy locations presumably.
    My wife is happy at this news. Me, if they called it the Palm Testosterone, or the Palm Super Tough Guy Ford F150 Pickem Up Truck, then I'd get one.
  3.    #3  
    16gb Super Palm Pre
    64gb Pre CNE (Chuck Norris Edition)
    Last edited by pogeypre; 10/01/2009 at 09:37 PM.
    I doubt this is true. I work for Sprint and the Hero's release date has been pushed back...Im sure this will be pushed back a few weeks as well.
    Regardless of whether it's being pushed back or not, at least it is giving the user another option in the not too distant future. The device looks interesting and I might be interested. I would like to see some reviews after it has been released, before I make a decision.

I jumped on the Pre train a little too soon and was very disappointed with it and, ultimately returned it. I don't want to fall into that again. If there are delays, hopefully it is to put out a better product.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm going to expect it a bit before Thanksgiving too not be disappointed.
    Does the following mean that it will sync with Yahoo's calendar, contacts, tasks, notes or is that just wishful thinking on my part:

"The Pixi will also bring a number of updates to webOS along for the ride, including an official Facebook app and Yahoo! integration with Synergy."

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Yes, because we can believe BGR.....

Please.

I'll wait for more sources.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I honestly doubt it'll be 10/20. Although if that's the case, how special would that be .. 10/20 is the first year anniversary of my significant other and I.

If this is the case, I'd gladly open up two lines with two Palm Pixes.
    Engadget just debunked this rumor

Palm Pixi to launch on October 20th? Not so fast.

edit: whoops, and so did precentral. my bad.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  12.    #12  
    For holidays then
    maybe it will be out before thanksgiving? i think it would be smart to release it around the same time as the hero so as to give shoppers another web os phone, if they dont like the form factor or the price of the pre. i know that i like the pixi more than the pre! (besides no wifi :/)
    i just read on sprintusers.com that we should expect the pixi sometime around the middle of november. this sounds about right, considering this is about the time of black friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_fan View Post
    i just read on sprintusers.com that we should expect the pixi sometime around the middle of november. this sounds about right, considering this is about the time of black friday.
    me like. and maybe oct 20th is the date they announce mid november launch.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    me like. and maybe oct 20th is the date they announce mid november launch.
    thats true. or someone could have gotten the months wrong for the release? xD
    I was thinking about getting this phone for the wife, but I'm having second thoughts when I saw it didn't have Wifi.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    most likely it will release during the holidays since that's the best time to get maximum exposure.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    My wife wants one (I already got the Pre and love it). She doesn't care much about the wifi (not sure I would care much either since 90% of the time I am in 3G) and likes the form factor much better than the Pre's.

Hoping for a launch sooner vs later.
    The more I see the Pixi - the more I like it. Great form factor, but Palm really blew it by including a smaller processor, lower-resolution camera and no WiFi. Too bad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast