1.    #1  
    Palm Pixi Processor: Full Spec Sheet
    The high-performance MSM7627™ chipset solution is designed to enable mass-market devices with advanced functionality and rich multimedia capabilities that take advantage of the broadband data speeds available through 3G networks worldwide.

The MSM7627 solution features an industry-leading level of integration, enabling devices with high-end functionality to be slimmer, sleeker and last longer on a single battery charge.

Powerful multimedia capabilities integrated into the MSM7627 chipset translate to a richer, more compelling experience while browsing the web, accessing online applications, playing 3D games, capturing high-resolution pictures and video, and more.

Technical specs:
    • Two ARM cores integrated into a single chip – a dedicated CPU core and a dedicated modem processor – for an unparalleled level of integration:
    o 1. 600MHz applications processor with floating point unit and L2 cache
    o 2. 400MHz modem processor

• Supports both CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO Rev. A and UMTS HSDPA 7.2Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps, and GSM

• In addition to the two ARM cores, features 320MHz application DSP for multimedia supporting full 30 fps WVGA encode/decode, 200MHz hardware-accelerated 3D graphics core supporting OPEN GL 2.0, high-resolution camera, integrated GPS

• 12mm x 12mm footprint
    • Optimized power consumption
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I'm not that big of a fan of the Pixi, but this is a nice find. Maybe my girlfriend will get it. It will either be the Pixi or the Hero
  3.    #3  
    which is better of both? I don´t know what processor has the Hero.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    which is better of both? I don´t know what processor has the Hero.
    I believe the processor in the Pixi is better, but she likes the Hero's larger screen

Hero has a Qualcomm MSM 7201A 528 MHz ARM processor
    I believe the GSM Hero uses a similar chipset clocked at 528mHz, but it does appear to be better optimized than webOS right now.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I believe the GSM Hero uses a similar chipset clocked at 528mHz, but it does appear to be better optimized than webOS right now.
    How it makes this difference?
    I heard the Hero is pretty laggy once you have a few widgets but there is supposed to be a new rom for it tho that will improve performance.

I have personally used the HTC Magic/MyTouch and I found it to be too laggy for a power user. I had a few widgets and the keyboard was lagging while texting. Unacceptable IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I heard the Hero is pretty laggy once you have a few widgets but there is supposed to be a new rom for it tho that will improve performance.

I have personally used the HTC Magic/MyTouch and I found it to be too laggy for a power user. I had a few widgets and the keyboard was lagging while texting. Unacceptable IMO.
    Yeah I was referring to the optimization with that new ROM. As for why optimization matters, the Hero seems to give an impression of better performance with that new ROM because of it, even though it's slower than the Pre.... though by the same token that also means Palm has much more room for improvement with future versions of webOS.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Yeah I was referring to the optimization with that new ROM. As for why optimization matters, the Hero seems to give an impression of better performance with that new ROM because of it, even though it's slower than the Pre.... though by the same token that also means Palm has much more room for improvement with future versions of webOS.
    True, but does Palm allow the Pre to have any virtual memory? It could really reduce some lag by having the flash memory available. As good as the processor is on the Pre, it doesn't seem as snappy as it should be, but maybe that is because they are under clocking the processor. You are right about future improvements on the webOS devices
  10.    #10  
    MaxAdobe event will start in October 3. Month when Flash Beta will be release for Pre, exactly date,in October,? will see
    How does this compare to the Pre?
    no 'Thanks'
    Interesting... so the UMTS on this is actually faster than the Pre's.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    How does this compare to the Pre?
    On this comparison chart we can find some differences between it.

Palm Pre vs Palm Pixi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    On this comparison chart we can find some differences between it.

Palm Pre vs Palm Pixi
    Pre doesn't have autofocus, and I highly doubt that the Pixi will either.

The Pre also doesn't have a trackball, and does have Facebook support in Synergy, not a separate application. And it will most likely get the separate application the same time the Pixi does.

Basically that article is just misinformed all around.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Palm Pixi

Technical specs:
    • Two ARM cores integrated into a single chip – a dedicated CPU core and a dedicated modem processor – for an unparalleled level of integration:

• Supports both CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO Rev. A and UMTS HSDPA 7.2Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps, and GSM

• In addition to the two ARM cores, features 320MHz application DSP for multimedia supporting full 30 fps WVGA encode/decode, 200MHz hardware-accelerated 3D graphics core supporting OPEN GL 2.0, high-resolution camera, integrated GPS

Palm Pre

Key Features:
    New OMAP™ 3 architecture combines mobile entertainment with high performance productivity applications
    Industry’s first processor with advanced Superscalar ARM® Cortex™-A8 RISC core enabling 3x gain in performance
    Industry’s first processor designed in 65-nm CMOS process technology adds processing performance
    IVA™ 2+ (Image Video Audio) accelerator enables multi-standard (MPEG4, WMV9, RealVideo, H263, H264) encode/decode at D1 (720×480 pixels) 30 fps
    Integrated image signal processor (ISP) for faster, higher-quality image capture and lower system cost
    Flexible system support
    Composite and S-video TV output
    XGA (1024×768 pixels), 16M-color (24-bit definition) display support
    Flatlink™ 3G-compliant serial display and parallel display support
    High Speed USB2.0 On-The-Go support
    Seamless connectivity to Hard Disk Drive (HDD) devices for mass storage
    Leverages SmartReflex™ technologies for advanced power reduction
    M-shield™ mobile security enhanced with ARM TrustZone™ support
    Software-compatible with OMAP™ 2 processors
    HLOS support for customizable interface
    Support for OpenGL ES 1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    Palm Pixi

Technical specs:

Palm Pre

Key Features:
    New OMAP™ 3 architecture combines mobile entertainment with high performance productivity applications
    Industry’s first processor with advanced Superscalar ARM® Cortex™-A8 RISC core enabling 3x gain in performance
    Industry’s first processor designed in 65-nm CMOS process technology adds processing performance
    IVA™ 2+ (Image Video Audio) accelerator enables multi-standard (MPEG4, WMV9, RealVideo, H263, H264) encode/decode at D1 (720×480 pixels) 30 fps
    Integrated image signal processor (ISP) for faster, higher-quality image capture and lower system cost
    Flexible system support
    Composite and S-video TV output
    XGA (1024×768 pixels), 16M-color (24-bit definition) display support
    Flatlink™ 3G-compliant serial display and parallel display support
    High Speed USB2.0 On-The-Go support
    Seamless connectivity to Hard Disk Drive (HDD) devices for mass storage
    Leverages SmartReflex™ technologies for advanced power reduction
    M-shield™ mobile security enhanced with ARM TrustZone™ support
    Software-compatible with OMAP™ 2 processors
    HLOS support for customizable interface
    Support for OpenGL ES 1.1
    Those are the official specs that the chipsets are capable of, but I can assure you that the Pre does not use SmartReflex (though it is possible to enable manually if you can access Linux), a 1024x768 display, have video output, decode WMV, connect to USB On theGo devices, or connect to USB Hard drives.

And webOS doesn't support OpenGL of any sort, so 2.0 vs 1.1 means absolutely nothing, neither device will be using that for a long time.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Those are the official specs that the chipsets are capable of, but I can assure you that the Pre does not use SmartReflex (though it is possible to enable manually if you can access Linux), a 1024x768 display, have video output, decode WMV, connect to USB On theGo devices, or connect to USB Hard drives.

And webOS doesn't support OpenGL of any sort, so 2.0 vs 1.1 means absolutely nothing, neither device will be using that for a long time.
    I thought we were just talking about the processors in general? Palm hasn't officially said what the Pixi will be capable. Qualcomm just released the specs of the chip and I provided specs of the Pre's chip
  18.    #18  
    What does a company need to run a full specifications processor, software, apps, just determination, it means more cost,......., on benefit of a consumer ?