Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was at a party on Friday evening and ran into someone with the Pixi. I was surprised since it is not out yet and not even in the wild as far as I know. The person let me play with it a bit and I must say that DESPITE the name, the phone is extremely light and pocket friendly. The candy bar form factor is really nice and the keyboard is quite workable. Though the screen is smaller than the Pre, it is enough to do sort of everyday things with. I wouldn't want to stare at it for lengthy times watching a TV show or movie or reading a book, but then again. I wouldn't do that generally on a small device. Even the Pre and iPhone are too small for me to really want to sit and watch a program on. Then again, I'm just getting old and my eyes get tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Yet another unworthy post.
    Not quite. I get that there's folks out there that will be deterred by the name of a thing. But I'm with tennenho. It's a device with certain features. Even if just for the sake of discussion, seems a point worth making that if a utilitarian device meets all of your preferences, why should you get hung up on the fact that it was given a weak name by the guys and gals in marketing?

"Pixi" is benign enough for a svelte gadget. It's not like they went straight out and called it "Cher."
    I don't think that it has a visible name, so call it what you like. I might call mine Max. Not really! I'll still hold out for a unlocked GSM Pre.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    For real, I'm a straight young male and I truly don't care about the names of devices. Sure, "Pixi" doesn't have the rugged ring of a "G1" or "Bold", but the form factor is bangin' and webOS is worth the internal of embarrassment of lugging around something called "Pixi".
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Not quite. I get that there's folks out there that will be deterred by the name of a thing. But I'm with tennenho. It's a device with certain features. Even if just for the sake of discussion, seems a point worth making that if a utilitarian device meets all of your preferences, why should you get hung up on the fact that it was given a weak name by the guys and gals in marketing?

"Pixi" is benign enough for a svelte gadget. It's not like they went straight out and called it "Cher."
    That comment was not really about the opinion expressed. We've moved on from the issue at this point (and the thread's been pruned).

Quote Originally Posted by laithal View Post
    For real, I'm a straight young male and I truly don't care about the names of devices. Sure, "Pixi" doesn't have the rugged ring of a "G1" or "Bold", but the form factor is bangin' and webOS is worth the internal of embarrassment of lugging around something called "Pixi".
    I think you're in the minority. If a phone is named "Bold" to attract consumers, then we can conclude that names can have positive or negative effects. Since there are and will be alternative devices out there with similar/superior pricing and functionality, I think the Pixi's name is likely to have a negative effect on some... Maybe one that will be balanced by a positive effect on others, though.

I look forward to finding out.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    ...depending on who I'm talking to, I sometimes call my pre a p100.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12