Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    The Pre needs the button to minimize apps, so how is the Pixi going to do this with no center button?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    The Pre doesn't need the center buttom to minimize apps, you can swipe up from the gesture area. I would guess the Pixi will be the same.
    The Pixi's gesture area detects single taps as the equivalent of tapping the center button.

I do wish that the center button would wake the Pre though, cause right now I never use it. I just do the gesture up from the gesture area to get back to card view.
    Coming from an iPhone, I never used the swipe-up gesture at first - I was used to pressing the home/center key. It wasn't till I started reading about users here at PC doing the up-swipe that I started doing it, and it really makes using the device ten times more enjoyable. Back-swipe, forward-swipe, up-swipe, card slide, toss cards ... it's really a very fun OS to use.
    I can't imagine how much better the Pre would be without the center button now that I see the Pixi without it.
    You all might not have noticed that the Pixi does have a non-physical center button. See picture below. The "button" seems to light up only when the phone is on.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that they have no intention of allowing the Pre to wake up using the center button since they will most likely use the same WebOS builds.

I don't mind that the Pixie doesn't have a center button...I never use it on my Pre anyway! But the one thing that I wish Palm would add are dedicated call and hangup buttons! I miss those from my old Treos and which Palm would add those back to the Pixie...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The only thing I like about the center button on the Pre, is that it's a good landmark for finding the gesture area. Without it, I wouldn't be able to do a back gesture without looking.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    The Pixi's gesture area detects single taps as the equivalent of tapping the center button.

I do wish that the center button would wake the Pre though, cause right now I never use it. I just do the gesture up from the gesture area to get back to card view.

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ntvinh986 View Post
    Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
    As long as you live by the rules of search =D
    Quote Originally Posted by ntvinh986 View Post
    Welcome to the forums (warmly, I might add... since I am in Fla)!

Interesting place to post your first post, being that it wasnt in regards to the topic. Are you considering the Pixi or do you have the Pre?
    Post #6...that's one sweet looking phone! The Pixi: finally, a keyboard that's all the same color. Looks very professional.

Go Pixi, go!

I wonder if that center line button will flash when you have new voice mail like the Treo Pro...

This from a guy who still has a Treo 800w. I'm rebooting with the Pixi!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post

I wonder if that center line button will flash when you have new voice mail like the Treo Pro...
    probably not out of the box, but it should be able to be enable via a patch, like the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    probably not out of the box, but it should be able to be enable via a patch, like the Pre.
    Where's the link to the Pre patch? Wanna do my homework...
    Post #6...that's one sweet looking phone! The Pixi: finally, a keyboard that's all the same color. Looks very professional.

Go Pixi, go!

This from a guy who still has a Treo 800w. I'm rebooting with the Pixi!
    actually, I read somewhere...cant remember where, maybe a front page item from dieter or something but the missing orange buttons and coloring is just something from the prototype build. Pixi should have distinguished orange buttons like the Pre...Its palms color of choice....If i find it Ill link it....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I think the lack of a center button will cause alot of miss presses on the pixi. I like that moving out of a program takes alot of deliberate action. Hopefully the next pre still has the middle button but it doubles as optical mouse or scroll ball for use with gloves.
    Where's the link to the Pre patch? Wanna do my homework...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...fications.html