1.    #1  
    Every time I type precentral.net in my browser's address bar, I get a bunch of stories about the Pixi. Enough already....I come here to read about the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by planetcoffee View Post
    Every time I type precentral.net in my browser's address bar, I get a bunch of stories about the Pixi. Enough already....I come here to read about the Pre.
    That is because Precentral was created for the first WebOS device the Pre. Now that there is a second WebOS device in the offing, it may be that the site name may change. But right now the hottest news in the WebOS world is the Pixi.

(BTW, you posted this in the Pixi forum, not the Pre forum. Won't find much Pre news here either.)
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    That is because Precentral was created for the first WebOS device the Pre. Now that there is a second WebOS device in the offing, it may be that the site name may change. But right now the hottest news in the WebOS world is the Pixi.

(BTW, you posted this in the Pixi forum, not the Pre forum. Won't find much Pre news here either.)
    When the Centro came out, where do you think all of us got the info on it? TreoCentral, of course! Of course, those who already owned the large, powerful Treos bashed this smaller, 2nd cousin of a smartphone, just as the Pre owners are doing with the WiFi-less Pixi.

Maybe it SHOULD be called WebOSCentral, eh?
    tim
    Pixicentral.net ?!
    I think the PIXI is a great idea..
    Maybe PreCentral should consider a name change, something that reflects the different OS that is running on those phones. Even though the Treo's run on both Palm and Windows platforms, the Pre and Pixi will only run on one. So possibly that site should reflect the new and unique OS as opposed to the hardware? WebOSentral??
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Because there is never anything new about the Pre to talk about
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Personally, I have come to TreoCentral (not Precentral, which is after-all just an offshoot) for several years to read about all things Palm (except the W stuff off course, which is not really Palm). Hopefully, the management will continue with their current policy. Why would you not expect to read about the Pixi in a sub-forum titled 'Palm Pixi'.