1.    #1  
    Actually, I have no idea. Pixi isn't even out yet. But I will be pleased when Palm incorporates the suggestions made by Dieter and others into the webOS music player. Until then, Remix (Homebrew) is a nice improvement.
    Last edited by BubbaHooska; 09/10/2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    NaNPlayer will eventually be released to Homebrew if it doesnt make it into the app catalog, and there's also Music (Remix) available now. I'm sure we'll be seeing even more options become available as time goes on as well. I find the stock Music player more than adequate for my needs. What about it specifically irks you?
    Good to know, being that the Pixi phone and therefore player isn't out yet and I'm sure you haven't used it. But good to know.

Guess I spend to much time on WebOS with music being important to me and discovering new music on Pandora.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I smell a troll....

If you cared to read about WHY Palm rejected NaNplayer, you'd rethink your argument. It has nothing to do with Palm "not liking it". It's an unsupported API, and you can't expect Palm to host that.

The Music app in its current state isn't the greatest, but it works and I'm sure Palm will update it as we go along. Sure, if you're an iPod addict, it's unlikely to satisfy you. Neither will anything else, so what? You can't get an iPhone with anything near this value, and otherwise you're stuck carrying 2 devices.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    You're absolutely right. If music is important to you - buy an iPod. The Pre, and Pixi, aren't primarily music devices. You shouldn't expect them to be. That's what iPods (or other mp3 players) are for.

If you want a phone that will do more than just about any smartphone out there, has a great notification system...oh..and by the way is a fantastic PHONE - get a palm device with webOS.
  6.    #6  
    You are so correct, I was trolling, and I apologize. I was trying to figure out the source of some of the anger at Palm for producing an excellent device that is not quite perfect. Maybe the people expressing the anger are also just trolls. Personally, I don't own an iPod and would never consider an iPhone. I use Remix, Pandora and Shoutcast and they're all I need for music.
    There is nothing better than remix right now although NaNPlayer sounded interesting. I guess I will wait to check it out in Homebrew!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I smell a troll....

If you cared to read about WHY Palm rejected NaNplayer, you'd rethink your argument. It has nothing to do with Palm "not liking it". It's an unsupported API, and you can't expect Palm to host that.

The Music app in its current state isn't the greatest, but it works and I'm sure Palm will update it as we go along. Sure, if you're an iPod addict, it's unlikely to satisfy you. Neither will anything else, so what? You can't get an iPhone with anything near this value, and otherwise you're stuck carrying 2 devices.
    Insecure troll happy fanatical fanboys at it again!

" I wish the pre came in red, not a fan of the black"

equals ... I smell a troll.

"The pre isn't bad but I need a bigger keyboard"

equals.. Look guys, Its a troll!!!

"Ive had 3 pres and all of them had cracked screens after limited use"

equals... Troll! He's a troll! Gather 'round trigger happy fanboys! Troll!

" I miss the 5way nav pad. I really need to have that on a phone"

equals.... troll troll troll troll.
    Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll....

Silly *** hyper defensive fanboys here are tainting what can otherwise be a healthy forum for exchange of objective conversation based on experience with the device.

Some folks are so one dimensional. Either you're a fan of the pre bordering on a maniacal trekkie level, or you're called a troll for any slightly negative posts. It would appear that they are the real trolls on this forum.

ABSOLUTELY INFANTILE.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Insecure troll happy fanatical fanboys at it again!

" I wish the pre came in red, not a fan of the black"

equals ... I smell a troll.

"The pre isn't bad but I need a bigger keyboard"

equals.. Look guys, Its a troll!!!

"Ive had 3 pres and all of them had cracked screens after limited use"

equals... Troll! He's a troll! Gather 'round trigger happy fanboys! Troll!

" I miss the 5way nav pad. I really need to have that on a phone"

equals.... troll troll troll troll.
    Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll....

Silly *** hyper defensive fanboys here are tainting what can otherwise be a healthy forum for exchange of objective conversation based on experience with the device.

Some folks are so one dimensional. Either you're a fan of the pre bordering on a maniacal trekkie level, or you're called a troll for any slightly negative posts. It would appear that they are the real trolls on this forum.

ABSOLUTELY INFANTILE.
    I LOL'ed at your post...very nicely worded.

The problem with web boards is that you always have those extreme fanboys, that comes with the territory so to speak. I used to be very active on SprintUsers.com, and that's all you really saw. Either those who said "Sprint sucks" in every post, or those who said "Sprint is Jebus".

The idea of construction criticism has been lost on many web boards for years.
    Sprint Employee Disclaimer
    My replies and comments contain my opinion on the matters which have been posted, and do not represent the rules, policies and regulations of my employer and should not be taken as such.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Actually, the title of this thread strongly suggests that the OP was indeed "trolling" for a reaction. I mean, come on, "Pixi Music Player is Worse than Dirt"!!!

Have you ever tried playing an mp3 file on dirt?
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    In all seriousness though, what a poor choice for a title and thread. I am sure the music player will be the same exact player the Pre has... Why would it be any different? We all know what limitations it currently has, so does the question even need to be asked? Especially pointed right at the Pixi. Am I the only one missing something here?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BatFastard View Post
    In all seriousness though, what a poor choice for a title and thread. I am sure the music player will be the same exact player the Pre has... Why would it be any different? We all know what limitations it currently has, so does the question even need to be asked? Especially pointed right at the Pixi. Am I the only one missing something here?
    Exactly. Thread title makes no sense. The Pixi is a WebOS phone, meaning it will have the exact same software available to it as the Pre does. Therefore, the music player is exactly the same and the alternatives (homebrew) are also the same.