1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any guesses?
    I lurve my Pre! <3
    To put it in Pre-like terms: second half of 09.

No but seriously I think right around Thanksgiving would make the most sense.
  3.    #3  
    I think I might wait it out and get one. My Pre took a swim today. Don't get me wrong, I love my Pre, but I kind of get irritated with opening and closing the thing all the time. The Pixi (oops, i spelled it wrong the first time) might be right up my alley.
    I lurve my Pre! <3
    Would make sense to see this right in time for holiday shopping..
    From what I gather....in time for the holiday season...

So in terms of technology and buying....a good time frame for marketing and releasing for holiday buying and gifts would be:

END OF OCTOBER
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    I think I might wait it out and get one. My Pre took a swim today. Don't get me wrong, I love my Pre, but I kind of get irritated with opening and closing the thing all the time. The Pixi (oops, i spelled it wrong the first time) might be right up my alley.
    yeeees I totally feel ya! love the device just hate the slider system LOL
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    If its under $100 I'm getting my 19 year old stepdaughter one, with unlimited mobile I can put her on plan now
    might get my mom one for christmas is the keyboard better? She doesn't like the one on my phone.
    The pixi will shake the blackberry world and the pre will still battle with the iphone. Pretty good strategy. I would choose the pixi over the blackberry tour.
    Any rumors on price yet?
    Multiple reports of "before the holidays." Don't know if that means Thanksgiving or Christmas, but maybe it will be out in time for Black Friday when everyone does their shopping. It should be a sub-$100 phone (since lack of Wifi and a cheaper processor). Heard this on an interview with Palm CEO on Engadget. I do agree with THETRUTH, the Pixi will battle with the Blackberries and in a way the iPhone, also, because it is so cheap but offers a robust design, interface, and OS with the push email like Blackberry. I am interested to see how this turns out for Palm with market share!
    Quote Originally Posted by prephil View Post
    If its under $100 I'm getting my 19 year old stepdaughter one, with unlimited mobile I can put her on plan now
    go yankees.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Pre, but I kind of get irritated with opening and closing the thing all the time. The Pixi (oops, i spelled it wrong the first time) might be right up my alley.
    Same here, that's why I've been looking at the HTC Snap, looks really gorgeous, plus wi-fi, but then the screen is on the small-ish size... I guess I'll have to compromise somewhere, no such thing as the ideal phone I'm afraid...
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Same here, that's why I've been looking at the HTC Snap, looks really gorgeous, plus wi-fi, but then the screen is on the small-ish size... I guess I'll have to compromise somewhere, no such thing as the ideal phone I'm afraid...
    well why not just wait it out for the pixi?

the snap is WM standard if i recall. So buggie windows, crappy ui, and being standard it has no touchscreen if you are into that.
    I guess it always depends on the use you're making of it, but wi-fi to makes up for the lack of touch screen, personally very disappointed pixi doesn't have it.
    10/20.
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    the snap is WM standard if i recall. So buggie windows, crappy ui, and being standard it has no touchscreen if you are into that.
    In many ways, WM Standard is better than Pro. Way more intuitive and one-handed capable.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    If 10/20 seems to be the release date, I wouldn't mind checking it out. With the loss of WiFi and small screen for a more solid device? Hell, I'm beyond just considering.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    In many ways, WM Standard is better than Pro. Way more intuitive and one-handed capable.
    very true in many ways. In other ways- not so much. Neither is exactly great.

either version is "alright" - but at this point the borg should just follow Palm's lead and dump their aged OS and start from scratch. Instead it looks like 6.5 and 7 are just further attemps to update the aged win CE (maybe it should be called wince since that's what it makes you do...) to become modern but will in the end be 2-3 generations behind everyone else anyway.

I'm currently using a winmo pro 6.1 device (have been for the past year now) which fits my needs best - depending on what a pixi actually feels like. But i basically dislike it.