Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why is anyone *****ing about WIFI?...you can get homebrew without it. Is your battery life REALLY that big of a deal? Do you cheap people really need a better option to tether and steal the internet?

So ill say again...Why do you NEED wifi?....what am I missing out that is SO important?...maybe I am just ignorant about something.....
    wifi is the BOMB!
    You may not need it and I rarely use(ed) it; however, every advan ced device has it nowadays. Considering that, not having WiFi is not what I would consider unimportant.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    wifi is the BOMB!
    Why?
    my WIFI is FASTER then Sprints EVDO..

Are you high? why is battery life a big deal? did you really just ask that question?????

Lets see why battery life is important. Lets simulate a battery with crappy life.. use your phone for 10mins then pull the battery out and try to use the phone..
    Steal the internet? OK, I pay every month for internet access through my phone, I'm still using that same access (THAT I PAY FOR) whether I'm tethered to my PC or not.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I need wifi so I can watch youtube vids inside my office where I get 1 signal bar max
    Many people may have poor coverage at home, work, friends house, etc...and wifi gives them a second (faster) option to connect to the internet
    Because the phone would be completely useless at my house.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    my WIFI is FASTER then Sprints EVDO..

Are you high? why is battery life a big deal? did you really just ask that question?????

Lets see why battery life is important. Lets simulate a battery with crappy life.. use your phone for 10mins then pull the battery out and try to use the phone..
    Yeah I asked that question...what are you on Pandora for 4 hours or something?...The VAST majority of people are not on thier cell phone browser all of time...they use a COMPUTER for that.
    And I was going to reply until i read "steal the internet".

egad.
  12.    #12  
    I would say less then 10% of Pre users use thier WIFI on a regular basis...
    I have a friend that lives out in the sticks. so when I go to his place I turn on wifi so I can use the internet even tho I have a bad signal. So it comes in handy from time to time.
    I have 3 classes of 2.5 hours each week where I don't have access to EVDO signal inside the classroom. WIFI saves me from a life of boredom
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post

egad.
    Well fact is it happens and another fact is some of the people *****ing about no Wifi is because they do it....
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    I would say less then 10% of Pre users use thier WIFI on a regular basis...
    I'd say your wrong then... but then again your "AlwayzRight" so i'm probably incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    I'd say your wrong then... but then again your "AlwayzRight" so i'm probably incorrect.

hah i'd say more than 50% percent use it on a daily basis and AlwayzRight does seem to be out of his league here.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post

egad.
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post

probably
    Why do you need wifi?

Gawd, answering this question gets boring:

1.) It is faster
    2.) There are areas with wifi coverage and not EVDO
    3.) Opens up a world of local network streaming, etc.

I would get the Pixi in a second, but w/o wifi, it's a complete fail.

I'll wait for the Pixi 2, which should come in Q3 2010, with Wifi.

HUGE, HUGE fail by Palm. This would have sold more than the Pre. But think farked it.
    I like to turn my cdma radio off at night and surf and pull email over wifi.

Handy when in bed and dont want calls or texts coming in.

Plus it is unquestionably faster and doesnt have a hidden 5gb cap.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast