Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 184
  1. Jaer57's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #21  
    Parts of my office building have zero service on any phone network, mainly thanks to the labs being huge faraday cages, but those of us with wifi smartphones and PDA's can rest assured; there is wifi...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    hah i'd say more than 50% percent use it on a daily basis and AlwayzRight does seem to be out of his league here.


    Uh no sir...if you really think 50% of pre users use wifi on a daily basis, not only is that ignorant....it is just plain stupid.
  3. #23  
    Wifi is quite a big deal to me actually. Whenever I am I turn on the wifi to use the phone as a mini-netbook for the rest of the night. I understand you find little use in wifi but others do make use of it quite heavily.

    Also, if you use the data heavy apps (pandora, youtube, prevnc) logically it will work better over your wifi connection. Having it is always a good thing imo.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Yeah I asked that question...what are you on Pandora for 4 hours or something?...The VAST majority of people are not on thier cell phone browser all of time...they use a COMPUTER for that.

    Nope its just regular use.. I get calls use the internet email and my phone is usually dead by 10pm... I think you're just looking to bate people into arguing with you so you can "alwayz be right" when in fact you're just wasting peoples time on this forum with your B.S. Comments... Most users would want better battery life and wifi if given the choice even if it wasn't essential to their day to day use..

    So do you need better battery life or wifi? No, You need water and sustenance.
    Last edited by illskill; 09/09/2009 at 04:29 PM.
  5. Jaer57's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Uh no sir...if you really think 50% of pre users use wifi on a daily basis, thats not only ignorant, that is just plain stupid.
    90% of all arguments can be solved by citing statistics. But only 60% of US residents know that, which about only 5% are Pre owners. Of course, I made 100% of that up, just like the other statistics being thrown around here...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  6.    #26  
    I agree WIFI is good and a great option and the Pixi SHOULD have it. All I am saying is the majority of people who buy cellphones could care less.....
    Last edited by AlwayzRight; 09/09/2009 at 04:11 PM.
  7. tamvegas's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #27  
    To the OP - - - I believe statistically your forum name is an oxymoron.

    edit - Your above statement may be correct, but I believe we're talking about smartphones here. Not plain cellphones.
  8. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Uh no sir...if you really think 50% of pre users use wifi on a daily basis, not only is that ignorant....it is just plain stupid.
    Why, where are you getting your data from? I have no idea where either of you picked your numbers from. FYI, I never turn wifi off.
  9. #29  
    jeez sorry for saying 50% next time ill say half so its not too controversial lol
  10. #30  
    I have a Pre and would not have bought it without WIFI, for my wife this Pixi phone is fine even without WIFI. But I use my WIFI everyday, so is a must and IS much FASTER then EVDO.
  11. darmood's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #31  
    Why respond to an Itard...
  12. #32  
    btw Alwayzright hardly anyone is supporting your claim which in turn supports mine not to get too complicated
  13. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    I agree WIFI is good and a great option and the Pixi SHOULD have it. All I am saying is the majority oe people who buy cellphones could care less.....
    You mean couldn't care less, but I think you're wrong. Even if people don't use wifi now, in a few months they may find some great use for it. It looks great on a spec sheet regardless if there is a practical use for somebody. It's a similar argument for storage to me. I don't use the 8GB I have, but the fact that there are 32 GB devices out there kind of makes me hope Palm comes out with a larger storage device so I can give my wife my 8GB Pre.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    To the OP - - - I believe statistically your forum name is an oxymoron.

    edit - Your above statement may be correct, but I believe we're talking about smartphones here. Not plain cellphones.
    nah...I'd say just a moron
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    Why respond to an Itard...
    I dont own an Ianything...
  16. vMAC's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #36  
    This is a stupid thread. Point is most people use WiFI and considering that Sprint only has EVDO in less than 35% of it's market, I'd say that a lot more people use WiFi on their Pre's than you could imagine.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    I have 3 classes of 2.5 hours each week where I don't have access to EVDO signal inside the classroom. WIFI saves me from a life of boredom
    This
  18. GmrPnm21's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #38  
    I guess I am going to jump in here.

    1.I use my WiFi at home because I have horrible signal strength in my house and enjoy having my email push to my phone that's always on my side.

    2. WiFi is a ton faster when downloading homebrew apps or just surfing the web on my sofa

    3. Coffeeshop+WiFi high-speed internet=GREAT morning.

    4. Smartphone should mean smart user, and for those that like to utilize all of their expensive device's features, WiFi is a major plus! If you just use the Pre as a phone, you might as well buy a Jitterbug!
  19.    #39  
    By the way...I didnt mean to instigate anything or offend anyone that uses WIFI..so if you are a little restless calm down if you use Wifi, good for you..the majority of people dont though... Verizon sold ALOT of Storms without Wifi and Sprint will sell ALOT of Pixis without Wifi...
  20. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #40  
    Seriously. Read through your posts. Why are you so angry about what anonymous strangers do with their phones and why do you feel the need to create fictitious stats in order to support your opinion? Having Wi-Fi as an option is better than NOT having it as an option. It's not that big a deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Why is anyone *****ing about WIFI?...you can get homebrew without it. Is your battery life REALLY that big of a deal? Do you cheap people really need a better option to tether and steal the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Yeah I asked that question...what are you on Pandora for 4 hours or something?...The VAST majority of people are not on thier cell phone browser all of time...they use a COMPUTER for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Well fact is it happens and another fact is some of the people *****ing about no Wifi is because they do it....
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Uh no sir...if you really think 50% of pre users use wifi on a daily basis, not only is that ignorant....it is just plain stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    By the way...I didnt mean to instigate anything or offend anyone that uses WIFI..so if you are a little restless calm down if you use Wifi, good for you..the majority of people dont though... Verizon sold ALOT of Storms without Wifi and Sprint will sell ALOT of Pixis without Wifi...
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions