1.    #1  
    If you look at the Palm Pixi vs Treo Pro, they are almost identical LOOKING, but the Pixi is obviously has a few less functions than the Treo Pro, and is running WebOS.
    Yep. I think they hit on something with the Treo Pro design, and having a skinnier version for the Pixi is a definite plus.
    Do we know if the internal hardware (CPU/GPU) is the same as the Treo Pro?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I thought it was more of a souped up Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I thought it was more of a souped up Centro.
    agree
    hardware wise its like the Treo Pro, whose form factor i actually loved.

Functionality wise its like a Centro. No wifi!!
    Honestly, it seems like the love child of the centro and the pre.
    Guess I'll be moving my kids over from WinMo with the pixi.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    I have a Pre currently, and I'm not gonna lie, I love the look of the Pixi. I'm almost tempted to even trade in my Pre for one of those. One solid unit (as opposed to my Pre which has a loose slider and constantly feels like it's going to fall apart if I squeeze it too hard) would be an excellent change of pace. Not having to slide it open every time I want to type something would be nice as well.

No WiFi is not a huge deal, as I live in a big city and have EVDO pretty much everywhere. Maybe they'll do a trade-down program!
    If Verizon had the Pixie I would get it the day it came out. I have the Centro and love the form factor and don't need wi-fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanier View Post
    If you look at the Palm Pixi vs Treo Pro, they are almost identical LOOKING, but the Pixi is obviously has a few less functions than the Treo Pro, and is running WebOS.
    Hardware wise it will perform better than the Treo Pro, the new CPU is based on the one in the TP but has an L2 cache.
    Not really. The phones look similar but then again the Pre takes some cues from the Treo Pro too.
    It may look like the Treo Pro but its NOT replacing the Treo Pro. Its replacing the Centro line so trying to compare it to the Treo Pro its apples and oranges.