Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    that there should be a pixie2 w/bigger screen and software keyboard w/space for gesture area and a trackball or am i asking too much from palm

this would be the most ultimate powerful device
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    They need a pixie 1 before they can come out with 2. I'm sure eventually we will see it.
    Yes you are the only one.
    It might be cool but then again why would you want to be like the other candy bar phones? Plams better then that they just have to live up to it
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Your just asking too much
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Trackballs don't belong on phones.
    trackballs are lame, why would you want a trackball with a gesture ready WebOS device?
    Yes. Yes you are asking for too much, and thankfully it will never happen.
    I guess I agree with you except for the trackball idea. They should make a keyboardless model with a software keyboard. In order to not get accused of copying the iPhone, they should also add an SD card slot.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Actually...

Palm should add a second keyboard that slides sideways a on screen keyboard, a gesture area, trackball, USB port for an external mouse, bluetooth keyboard support and a track wheel.

If they don't I'm never buying another Palm phone again!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Its funny but I remember thinking when the Pre first came out that the center button on the Pre should have been a trackball, but now that I've become used to the device and the OS, a trackball just sounds way too cumbersome to use.

Are there more people out there who had a change of heart about the trackball issue?

But, yea I think the Pre is pretty good how it is (physical keyboard, no trackball), save for no expandable memory.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    Actually...

Palm should add a second keyboard that slides sideways a on screen keyboard, a gesture area, trackball, USB port for an external mouse, bluetooth keyboard support and a track wheel.

If they don't I'm never buying another Palm phone again!
    Then there would be no way to get that slim form factor. You'd have another 700P brick, and thats not the direction smart phones should be going. We should be getting smaller and slimmer.
    trackballs are the lamest addition to phones ever... just my opinion
    really though...a bigger screen on that size of device with a kb would be overkill
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    They should make you all custom phones.
    lol, custom phones, classic comment
    No. They should have come up with a better pixie1.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyz08 View Post
    that there should be a pixie2 w/bigger screen and software keyboard w/space for gesture area and a trackball or am i asking too much from palm

Changed thread title to match content:
    Am i the only one who thinks that there should be a pixie2

Please use a descriptive title for your threads.

- Craig
    What is wrong with the Pixie? I think it looks great and will be a steal for the price. The Treo/Centro form factor is tits. The only thing I don't like is the lack of WiFi and I wish the screen was a bit bigger in the landscape direction.

I don't think we will ever see a Palm device without a keyboard. Those days are gone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyz08 View Post

Its not that you're asking too much, you're just asking for something that isn't going to come. You may as well say you want a phone that interfaces with your brain.

Palm has made it perfectly clear they want their phones to have a keyboard. They seem to feel its part of what sets them apart from the Apple empire and that there is a large demand for physical keyboards. I don't think you'll see them abandoning it anytime soon.

I also doubt you're going to see a trackball. The WebOS interface just doesn't seem like its meant to function with some kind of non-touch input device. Thus in part why there's no D-Pad either right now. COULD one come in the future? Sure. But I highly, highly doubt it.

Finally, if it comes out it'd probably be an entirely different beast than a "pixi". The Pixi's whole point seems to be as a consumer market device aimed at those just graduating out of the "dumb phone" category, ala the original centro. A keypad of some sort is generally a bonus for these people, as the whole touch screen things seems like an alien type of notion.

IF there came to be a third WebOS device I'd imagine a higher end "business" type model, with a landscape slider rather than portrait. Better suited for typing at a meeting or actually doing any kind of decent text editing or long emails on a phone, where as the portrait slider is more the type you'd want for pumping out quick texts or short emails.

That's not saying I'd love a WebOS device with a 3.5" screen and a virtual keyboard, thus keeping the thing slim. I just don't think its likely we're going to see such a thing. Palm believes it has a niche and I think it'll stick to that to keep their branding cemented in peoples minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Finally, if it comes out it'd probably be an entirely different beast than a "pixi". The Pixi's whole point seems to be as a consumer market device aimed at those just graduating out of the "dumb phone" category, ala the original centro. A keypad of some sort is generally a bonus for these people, as the whole touch screen things seems like an alien type of notion.
    Centro was a dumbphone? Me thinks the Picksi is aiming much lower. Many chose the Centro because it was the most advanced Palm OS phone along with the size factor. Not the same scenario with the crippled down Picksi.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast