Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG
    Am I the only one who likes the gel/rubberized keyboard?
    I'm afraid so...if you don't count the Palm beancounters. I went to Best Buy with the intention of buying a Pre, but was so disappointed with the keyboard that instead I just bought a new case and headset for my 755p. I hope the Pixi keyboard ends up with more click-y feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrinch View Post
    I'm afraid so...if you don't count the Palm beancounters. I went to Best Buy with the intention of buying a Pre, but was so disappointed with the keyboard that instead I just bought a new case and headset for my 755p. I hope the Pixi keyboard ends up with more click-y feedback.
    Did you pick some LPs and VCR tapes while you were there?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Nope i like it. Easier on my finger tips than the hard keys of the 755p. I use the tip of my nails to type so feedback really isn't an issue for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Nope i like it. Easier on my finger tips than the hard keys of the 755p. I use the tip of my nails to type so feedback really isn't an issue for me.
    I like the extra grip myself.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Although overall I like the keyboard on my Curve best, I really like the rubberized feel of the Pre's. I'm a little concerned about durability on any rubber keyboard though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock
    Did you pick some LPs and VCR tapes while you were there?
    Good one. No, I'm not reverting to old technology, I'm just skipping some new technologies that aren't appropriate for my needs. I skipped the AMC Hornet, but didn't go back to the horse and buggy. I'm hoping the Pixi has a good (for me) keyboard, and that Audible/Keycaps/other software become available for WebOS. Then I'll jump. Thanks for asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by smnc View Post
    Although overall I like the keyboard on my Curve best, I really like the rubberized feel of the Pre's. I'm a little concerned about durability on any rubber keyboard though.
    Palm has been using the rubberized keys since the Centro. My wife has had a Centro since launch and it has held up very well. This is with the Centro having an exposed keyboard unlike the Pre. Plus my wife is very rough with the Centro.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Fixed for you.
    I did not need you to fix anything. In many ways a good on screen keyboard is objectively better then the current Palm keyboards.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I dont care that the keys are rubbery and not "solid" what i do dislike is that it's a membrane thing- (AKA the atari 400 keyboard of yesteryear).

for some reason to me it's tougher to get a feel when there aren't individual keys and that's the whole reason that I in particular like a hardware keyboard vs an onscreen keyboard.

I am not a been counter but i have to imagine that it's not tens of dollars more to build it with keys. I reallize that even a buck more a phone is a big deal when you hope to sell millions. But still i think it's a poor choice of places to save a buck. But thinking about it seems there's more than one place where single bucks have been saved and I supposed that all adds up. Everyone has a spot they think is worst some dont like the lack of sd card slot, others complain about the 'oreo effect', others complain about the case plastic, my personal vote would be skimping on the keyboard is bad. But that's just my opinion and obviously everyone has there own.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Palm has been using the rubberized keys since the Centro. My wife has had a Centro since launch and it has held up very well. This is with the Centro having an exposed keyboard unlike the Pre. Plus my wife is very rough with the Centro.
    Yeah, but I hate WinMo....
    I'm glad to hear they hold up well though!
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickandhistreo View Post
    I hate the small keys of the pre, I can't imagine the pixies being smaller. I love my 755p's keys more than any other phone I've ever used.
    Any smaller you'll need a stylus again
    Nope I like it, I need a rubberized backplate however, the default one slips from my hand too easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I did not need you to fix anything. In many ways a good on screen keyboard is objectively better then the current Palm keyboards.
    Thank you for that fact that clearly can not be disputed apparently.
    stuff happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Nope I like it, I need a rubberized backplate however, the default one slips from my hand too easily.
    Get a Touchstone back cover.
    Yea Palms latest keyboards really suck

Ever since they introduced it with the Centro they were crap...working at sprint..I thought they were going to keep the good Treo keyboards but they took off with the rubberized keys

Also agree that RIM makes some of the best keyboards out now.. Ive seen dozens of customers switch from a Palm to a Blackberry because of the keyboard.

It doesnt help that Palm devices look like toys while RIM produces some really sexy highend looking devices.

My biggest dream...Palm WebOS on a Touch Pro 2... : D
    am not liking the keyboard , they should have made the screen bigger and forget the keyboard. 4.3 inch screen would be nice like the htc HD
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanta11 View Post
    am not liking the keyboard , they should have made the screen bigger and forget the keyboard. 4.3 inch screen would be nice like the htc HD
    that's not a bad idea for the 3rd device- but plenty of us are waiting on a treo-like formfactor. (eg- a hardware keyboard front and center and ready to go when we want it)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanta11 View Post
    If you want a keyboardless phone look elsewhere. Palm will not be making one.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    If you want a keyboardless phone look elsewhere. Palm will not be making one.

curious- why do you say that? Seems there's an onscreen keyboard already half-baked in the OS- no?

why wouldn't they have on some time in the future?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast