Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You would have thought Palm learned their lesson after the botched pre launch. Oh well, I bet Sprint paid through the nose this time.

At least the Pre will be on AT&T and VZ before the end of the year from what I have heard.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    brb simply everything plan
    Palm and Sprint has a history together and I'm glad they are still keeping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    You would have thought Palm learned their lesson after the botched pre launch. Oh well, I bet Sprint paid through the nose this time.

At least the Pre will be on AT&T and VZ before the end of the year from what I have heard.
    This is a big time bummer. No love for ATT is dissappointing. We know that the Pre will be on Verizon in Jan but there has not been a definitive answer for whether there will be a WebOs phone on ATT.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    If i had to guess Palm is keeping it CDMA, sorry ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post

Sprint has exclusive rights to Pre until January. ATT has all the love it can handle with the Iphone. Apple doesn't want Pre.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    sorry to burst your bubble but im almost positive that the pre will not go on att why would they put it on att where there major competitor is maybe verizon because the pre is the best alternative there is to the iphone if you are on sprint or verizon
    Botched? My coworker got his Pre on launch day, and I got mine two weeks later, and it was as easy as buying any other new phone, and we had no issues with our service. Not to mention we were frothing at the mouth for months before due to the hype, so Sprint and Palm did that well. How was it botched?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Botched? My coworker got his Pre on launch day, and I got mine two weeks later, and it was as easy as buying any other new phone, and we had no issues with our service. Not to mention we were frothing at the mouth for months before due to the hype, so Sprint and Palm did that well. How was it botched?
    That was my thought too. Apparently I missed the "botched" part of the launch. Given that Palm has been the one that's been slow with the updates, I'm really missing the "botched" aspect.
    The Pixie deal with Sprint was probably in the works before the Pre was even released.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Its probably the final nail in the coffin for the Centro. Sprint was the only carrier left selling it.
    Just checked the Palm site. No more Centro.
    I hope that means this is coming out ASAP.
    I don't think it was botched. There was a limited supply, but thats not unusual for hot electronics. I waited 12 hours in line for a wii when they came out.
    I personally love Sprint. They give you more for less.
    I would like the Pixi and Pre to be available with all carriers tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCPokes View Post
    That was my thought too. Apparently I missed the "botched" part of the launch. Given that Palm has been the one that's been slow with the updates, I'm really missing the "botched" aspect.
    How has Palm been slow with updates? There have already been two firmware updates and version 1.2 is right around the corner? That is 3x more than I ever had on WM btw...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    If i had to guess Palm is keeping it CDMA, sorry ATT
    Not exactly. They are releasing a GSM version in Europe.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Botched? Talk to anyone who purchased a BB Storm (Verizon) on launch date and you will hear the meaning of botched. I purchased my Pre on launch day and it was absolutely painless.
    No really. Botched. Look at everything that has happened.
    I bought mine on Launch Day I really lucked out. I got to BB 20 minutes before opening.
    My Wi-Fi didn't work and it took almost 3 weeks to get a replacement.

The banner in my local store are larger for the HTC Snap than for the Pre.
    Best Buy put the phone on sale by accident for $99.
    News leaked that the Pre was going to $149, Sprint said No it was a mistake, but then some partner WAS going to sell it for $149. A few hours later it has dropped to $149.
    Sprint puts up a update on the site that causes a tizy then it's not released.
    Let's not even start on the bad advertising of the Pre.
    A revolutionary phone and Sprint can't capitalize on it?! Botched!
    The more people that use WebOS the more development it'll get the more successful Palm will be.
    With Sprint you just can't tell.

Look at the Instinct good advertising. Good placement in the stores, crappy phone but some still love the thing.
    When I went to DC last summer I couldn't believe the amount of those things I saw.
    They did that right.
    I bought mine on Launch Day I really lucked out. I got to BB 20 minutes before opening.

News leaked that the Pre was going to $149, Sprint said No it was a mistake, but then some partner WAS going to sell it for $149. A few hours later it has dropped to $149.
    Sprint puts up a update on the site that causes a tizy then it's not released.
    Let's not even start on the bad advertising of the Pre.
    The more people that use WebOS the more development it'll get the more successful Palm will be.
    With Sprint you just can't tell.

Look at the Instinct good advertising. Good placement in the stores, crappy phone but some still love the thing.
    When I went to DC last summer I couldn't believe the amount of those things I saw.
    They did that right.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    Sprint's fault that Palm didn't supply enough Pres?

After all the hype leading up to its release, do you really think a gigantic banner was needed? These things sold out everywhere on launch day and beyond.
    Again, this is Sprint's fault? How?

Apple does the same exact thing until they're ready to officially release some news. That's not botching anything ... besides, "launch" was over 3 months ago, can't really lump that in with the rest.

They moved over 400,000 phones that cost $200 in 3 months in an iPhone world -- didn't exceed Sprint's expectations, but pretty much met what everyone else had in mind.

I don't give a crap about Sprint as a company -- I've moved from carrier to carrier based on what kind of price and phone I can get for signing up. But I think Sprint did OK with this one. Was it perfect? No. (Remember the uproar over the iPhone's price drop a month or so after it was released? Even the mighty Apple screws up). But it wasn't botched by any means.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast