Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coming from the Samsung A640 (which I replaced twice in for months) and the LG Rumor (which worked when it wanted to) the Pre has been a GOD SEND for me. As others have stated, all new technology has it's teething issues, but I have had my Pre since launch and I have not experienced one issue with it....quite honestly my life has been much easier with the Pre in terms of having a mobile office. I am sure Palm is learning daily from the Pre and its customers in regards on making webOS more stable for future phones.

I think Sprint did fairly well with advertising the phone and the response has been great. It's unfair to compare it to the iPhone, since the iPhone is built off technology which has been around for sometime (basically an iPod that makes calls). Palm took a gamble, made something fresh and I believe many great products will come from webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by prekid83 View Post
    I think Sprint did fairly well with advertising the phone and the response has been great. It's unfair to compare it to the iPhone, since the iPhone is built off technology which has been around for sometime (basically an iPod that makes calls). Palm took a gamble, made something fresh and I believe many great products will come from webOS.
    You are correct that "the iPhone is built off technology which has been around for sometime" but completely wrong about the source of that technology "basically an iPod that makes calls".

The iPhone OS is based on Apples desktop OS, OS-X. The iPod touch is the only iPod sharing that OS with the iPhone and it is more accurate to describe the iPod touch as an iPhone without the phone.
    I think Sprint has done just fine with the Pre. I couldn't believe how simple it was to upgrade; I expected a much longer and detailed process.

And Sprint did the best marketing campaign possible when they produced the commercials showing how many hundreds of dollars you'll save with them over AT&T.
    Exclusivity are always a double edge sword. One edge yeah the carrier have the wait and loosing the impusive $$ of purchasing brand spanking new BUT the other edge of that same blade they get to see all the bugs and know how it will work for them by the time they themselves have it.

With exception to the iphone, Sprint has always been known here in the states to gobble up the new phones first so if that is your bag then you know which carrier you want.
    I agree that the Pre's launch could have gone a bit smoother, but to be honest, I was expecting much worse. My launch day experience in a Sprint retail store was very much like my launch day experience with the iPhone3G last summer at an Apple store. No matter what you think of Apple, you have to admit that they've got customer service in retail down to a science, so I consider it a huge achievement on Sprint's part (of all people!) to have delivered such fine service.

Plus, let's not forget that it's not just Palm who's in trouble these days ... Sprint's holding on for dear life, too. So I think it's great that just as the Pre's exclusivity is expiring, the Pixi is sliding in to give Sprint another unique feather in their cap.

Personally, I can't wait for the Pre to land on VZW and AT&T, just so I can see all the threads popping up titled, "I love the Pre, but MAN its plan is expensive!" and "I love the Pre, but AT&T's network is the pits!" The grass ain't always greener, folks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12