1.    #1  
    Seems to me that the Pixi will also have stereo speakers on the device.

From the Engadget post:

When I saw that the sides had something on the edges, I thought it was lil bumpers to help keep the phone laying directly on the surface...then I saw that if that was it, then there was no speakers so figured it is the speakers. I hope its stereo speakers. Nice feature but won't take me away from the Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Nice feature but won't take me away from the Pre.
    Agreed, but it probably is important for the younger demographic it seems they're going after with the Pixi (as evidenced by the customizable backs).
    Yeah, the Pixie will do good. Man how I was so wrong with the Centro. l didn't think it would sell because it looked cheap and was tiny, Palm proved me wrong.
    I know that the speakerphone was amazing with the moto q9h.
    Maybe the pixi will be too.
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I know that the speakerphone was amazing with the moto q9h.
    Maybe the pixi will be too.
    Honestly, I had a q9c which had the same, stereo speakers, and I don't find it's all that much better than the speakerphone of the Pre.

But then again, when I'm using the speakerphone of the Pre, the phone is on the Touchstone, which means that it's a few inches off the desk and probably perfect positioning for reflecting the sound back to me, as opposed to my q9c where the speakers would be directly touching the desk.
    Yeah, the Pixie will do good. Man how I was so wrong with the Centro. l didn't think it would sell because it looked cheap and was tiny, Palm proved me wrong.
    Same here.

It's surprising that they got rid of "the button," though. Anyway, although it's a lil longer than I thought, it's gonna have some great battery life, I'm thinkin'.

Of course, with MY track record, that means the hills about to meet the beans.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I bought a centro. It was a nice upgrade from the Treo 650 I had:
    1. Smaller form factor: fit easier in the pocket
    2. EVDO Rev 1
    3. More memory & storage
    4. Faster CPU

At the same time, I switched from AT&T to Sprint, which meant the monthly plans were also cheaper! I really don't understand why people are so down on the Centro. I thought of it as a nice upgrade.

As far as the Pixi goes, it's similar in form factor to the Centro, but it's not an upgrade from the Pre. Frankly, I think it might be good for my wife. My biggest concern, though, is the comments that the performance is not as good as the Pre. Frankly, I think the Pre's performance thoroughly sucks compared to the Centro. So performing *worse* will keep me from getting the phone (even for my wife).
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I bought a centro. It was a nice upgrade from the Treo 650 I had:
    1. Smaller form factor: fit easier in the pocket
    2. EVDO Rev 1
    3. More memory & storage
    4. Faster CPU

At the same time, I switched from AT&T to Sprint, which meant the monthly plans were also cheaper! I really don't understand why people are so down on the Centro. I thought of it as a nice upgrade.

As far as the Pixi goes, it's similar in form factor to the Centro, but it's not an upgrade from the Pre. Frankly, I think it might be good for my wife. My biggest concern, though, is the comments that the performance is not as good as the Pre. Frankly, I think the Pre's performance thoroughly sucks compared to the Centro. So performing *worse* will keep me from getting the phone (even for my wife).
    One reason I was down on it was because it was so doggone ugly.

The smaller screen was a downer and I wasn't enthused by the keyboard. I just stuck with my 650 instead.

I thought the 800w worked the basic Centro design better. Somehow it wasn't ugly.

I recall Dietr disagreeing but I dunno why if he didn't think the Centro was fugly.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.