Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Go to the palm website, the image behind the pixie is from some college campus in front of the "Life Sciences building," the phone is named "pixie," for christs sake, and if you listen to the commercial they have posted under "meet the pixie," you might want to slam you head through the keyboard.

They would be able to reach a much wider market with a name change and a new ad campaign.
    I'm for Eos.
    Quote Originally Posted by atomichumbucker View Post
    Go to the palm website, the image behind the pixie is from some college campus in front of the "Life Sciences building," the phone is named "pixie," for christs sake, and if you listen to the commercial they have posted under "meet the pixie," you might want to slam you head through the keyboard.

They would be able to reach a much wider market with a name change and a new ad campaign.
    I'm for Eos.
    agreed, not many guys will buy some named pixie...

Maybe it is meant for girls... Most guys would prefer the pre...

What will really sell well is a full touch screen one, but causes problems for apps meant for keyboards...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    18-year-old girl exclusive confirmed.
    Then when people ask you what kind of phone it is, tell them its a Palm. Or a Palm Eos. Like they're going to know the difference? Anyone these days only knows "Hey, sweet iPhone" or "What Blackberry is that?" or even "Is that a Blackberry?" (in reference to my Treo 700w, NOBODY knew what it was, literally) or if they see my Pre, they just want to play with it. Big deal, Palm is smart trying to market out to other demographics. Smart on their part, get the name out with a cutesy phone that runs the same hardware and OS that they are pushing to become a frontrunner with BB, Apple, WM and Android. I like my Pre and like the naming of it, however, when people ask me what phone it is (or if they do at all) I just tell them its a Palm. Nobody cares because its fun to play with.
    I don't think they're going after 18 year old girls specifically with this, but they definitely seem to be going after a younger demographic.
    female crowd for sure.. def. agree with ya on this
    what's wrong with Pixi?

Are The Pixies a band that only 18yr old girls like?

I actually like the name Pixi...has a nice ring to it. Fits the phone IMO
    The problem for me is that Pixi is sounds just like Pixy and that comes up with thoughts of lil winged playful folks. I guess that name kidna goes with this Pixi since it is tiny but still, Eos would have been better.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I think it is appropriately named... at least there is less for Palm to mess up hardware-wise so perhaps this will be the platform that webOS will thrive on.
    Last edited by Clack; 09/09/2009 at 02:39 AM.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Palm Inc. is set to debut a second WebOS smartphone, code-named Pixie, this week during Fashion Week in New York,
    Should just make it pink and be done with it.
    For those comfortable with their sexuality, nothing wrong sporting a phone named pixie, as long as that phone kicks ***. So Palm, you better deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Perhaps they should make one called the "Trekkie" which is more targeted to your demographic.
    Calm down, Sir. No need to make fun of folks because you are a grown man that is super excited to get a phone aimed at teenage girls.

If you're lucky, they will have a skin with a Tinkerbell theme on launch and then you can really show off how awesome your Pixi is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnderson127 View Post
    If you're lucky, they will have a skin with a Tinkerbell theme on launch and then you can really show off how awesome your Pixi is.
    dude. seriously?

tinkerbell is a fairy!! pullleaze check your facts before posting!

or is that fairi in Palm world?

sorry, couldnt resist!
    I think of Pixie Sticks when I hear Pixi, yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    dude. seriously?

tinkerbell is a fairy!! pullleaze check your facts before posting!

or is that fairi in Palm world?

sorry, couldnt resist!
    LOL. You are correct, BUT!

Tinkerbell does use pixie dust or so I thought.
    Just a thought ----

The teen girl demographic is what made Titanic one of the biggest grossing movies of all time. Palm could call this the Sunshine & Lollipops Phone, and offer optional Care Bear battery covers. I wouldn't care one lick as long as Palm sold millions of them.