Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You are right on. This picksie is competing with dumbphones but unlike dumbphones, it will require a premium plan. And still only cost slightly less than a Pre.
    Do we know plan information for sure yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by flan View Post
    Do we know plan information for sure yet?
    It's a webOS device that will chew up more data than a Pre due to no wifi. I can't see Sprint not requiring an unlimited data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Palm is moving in the wrong direction. They need to position the original Pre at the $100 price point and come out with another device with a slightly larger screen (same resolution), not smaller one. I can barely read the Pre screen as it is and have good vision. A screen size between iPhone and Pre would be the ideal. To compete at the lower end, they need to keep the Pre going at a lower pricepoint.

The other wrong move is moving away from the Pre name. Will be difficult to market webOS devices if there is no consistent identity and webOS is not a good marketing name. They should call it Pre Pixi and future models should be Pre xyz.

Precentral and other Pre oriented services/peripherals have a challenge. Should Precentral be renamed weboscentral?

Am I outa touch here? Seems pretty obvious to me they are not making wise moves.

Unfortunately Palm has never been good at marketing. It’s their achilles heel imho. Look at how they’ve marketed the Pre.
    Not only no wi-fi, still no virtual keyboard!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The other wrong move is moving away from the Pre name. Will be difficult to market webOS devices if there is no consistent identity and webOS is not a good marketing name. They should call it Pre Pixi and future models should be Pre xyz.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Nah they are doing good. The only marketing they need is Palm.
    Person nailed it on the head.

Its not the Pixi or the Pre

Its the Palm Pre

Its the Palm Pixi

PALM is the Branding, not the Pre or Pixi.

Yes, the Pre needs a bump in specs...noteably memory. At that point let the 8 Gig Pre's filter out and keep pushing the Pixi as the low cost phone. I can only imagine that trying to push the Pre to $150 let alone $99 is a difficult one for them, where as the Pixi is probably being made with that price point in mind to still turn a profit. As such, instead of trying to push the Pre down to that price point come out with a slightly beefed up version at its normal price point. Then you have your "every man", step above dumb phone, entry consumer level phone that will flow out to the masses in the Pixi and your more upscale, traditional smart phone in the Pre.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^However Palm still sells Windows Mobile devices. Methinks they still should stick with one brand name tied to webOS, with future models within that brand name.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Smaller screen... Nooooooooooo
    Yea, I was hoping the side-by-side picture would be of the same application so we could see the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I was hoping they would change the wallpaper to have an Oreo on it. The Pixies might get jealous that they don't have an Oreo like us PreMies!
    I will say...that the screen on the pixi doenst seem to be as bright and sharp as the palm pre. it seems a little washes out...it's possible that there is light shining on the pixi..but just doenst seem as sharp.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    ^However Palm still sells Windows Mobile devices. Methinks they still should stick with one brand name tied to webOS, with future models within that brand name.
    It'll be curious how long that lasts. However, I was thinking that too and then I went to their website.

Palm Pixi - Palm Pre - Treo Pro

Note the odd man out there.

I think they realized they may've had a slight marketing issue previously by focusing on the "Treo" brand, to where Palm was becoming secondary. A far cry from the old days when even Microsoft PocketPC's were routinely called "palms". I think they're trying to make the phone itself less of the brand, while pumping up "PALM" as the brand to identify with.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234