Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    From the article you just linked to:

". . . all the specs listed were the same as we heard before: 2.63-inch, 320 x 400 capacitive touchscreen . . ."
    Ugh...why no microSD card storage? To me (and I suspect many others), that's a potential dealbreaker...
    yep, only 4gb of memory. i am guessingthey are trying to gear it to the younger set and with the due date coming up pretty quickly,its supposed to be an alternate to the pre...NOT

TeckieGirl40
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    That's simply annoying. It better be $99, that $350 listed is ridiculous!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    This thing really needs some expandable memory. 4GB just isn't cutting it anymore. Kinda confused why they would release a phone with 8GB then go down to 4GB unless it's gonna be much cheaper or something or add something new/different/better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    This thing really needs some expandable memory. 4GB just isn't cutting it anymore. Kinda confused why they would release a phone with 8GB then go down to 4GB unless it's gonna be much cheaper or something or add something new/different/better.
    I believe the idea, at least from all the rumours I've read, is this is the WebOS successor of the Centro. Lesser features than the Pre, but at a cheap price (probably $99 on contract). Brings in new smartphone users to the simplicity of the WebOS at a decent price. Whereas the Pre is meant for those familiar with smartphones and what's the whole sha-bang. It's one area that could give Palm an advantage over Apple
    8GB or 4GB are both to small for an "everything" device.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That's simply annoying. It better be $99, that $350 listed is ridiculous!
    Maybe the $350 is the full MSRP for an unlocked device but it usually sells for something like $99 with a two year contract just like the Centro.
    Knowing AT&T, that's the locked price without a contract, but there's no way I'd pay that for 4GB in this day and age.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think the rumor was that it would be $350 outright - I'll pay that for this device. It looks like it's only missing wifi, but that form factor is amazing. Basically a slimmer Treo Pro with a bigger, capacitive screen with webOS. I'm all for it.
    4GB when you can get 8GB and up for the same price or lower on other phones????

No thanks, in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    4GB when you can get 8GB and up for the same price or lower on other phones????

No thanks, in my case.
    Its depends on what you're using the phone for. The majority of the people interested in buying EoS aren't going to use the thing as their MP3 player, video player and picture viewer for the 1000s of vacation photos one may have, so 4GB should suffice. If someone needed to use it for those purposes, then sure one would likely bypass the EoS and go with the Pre on ATT or the Iphone 3.0.0.0.0.

For my situation, I'll definitely be getting this phone. As the previous poster mentioned its a slimmer Treo Pro with the WebOs. Coming from the 750 it'll be a nice upgrade for me.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I honestly think there could be a niche for this phone...I'd personally love an uber small, fairly cheap phone with enough storage to carry a thousand or so songs, just to chill with. Kind of like an iPod Nano class phone. (pardon the comparison)
    These specs are by no means finalised!

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if in 6 months the Pre gets a capacity bump to 16Gb (like when the iPhone dropped the 4Gb model), and the Eos comes out with 8Gb storage or something like that.

At any rate, because of webOS we'll be able to streak music playing in the background through an app, so on-board storage won't mean as much.

And it's not as though 4gb is nothing. If this was a 128mb memory stick I'd understand, but webOS apps aren't going to be as big as iPhone counterparts, and how many people will really want to go for watching video on a 2.63" screen anyway...

Edit: Also, for the people talking about price - one thing has confused me about this whole Pre launch, how come you guys have to pay for phones? In the UK, you can get pretty much any phone free on contract, and the plans are still generally cheaper than US counterparts (especially considering you've also paid for the phone).
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    This is crazy Palm!!! No love for ATT???? These Sprint exclusives are a bit of a bummer. Damit Palm and ATT. Work out a deal already.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Do your UK plans include a bunch of minutes and data usage? The Pre plans on Sprint do.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    This is crazy Palm!!! No love for ATT???? These Sprint exclusives are a bit of a bummer. Damit Palm and ATT. Work out a deal already.
    I am a pessimist on this issue and I have to think that the memory issue is not a technical one, but a contractual one where Apple is pulling AT&T strings...after all they are tied at the hip and until exclusivity gets sacrificed Apple would never be happy letting Palm get a comparable or comptetitive product in as part of the deal.

So unless the specs on this Pixi/eos change....I am still stuck with AT&T (work) and dragging my 680 around. I want to upgrade but can't!

UGH!!!!

Skigs
    what's with everyone saying "ugh" lately
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    what's with everyone saying "ugh" lately
    We're cave people. Cave people rules.

(sorry..too much time watching backyardigans with the 3yr old)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast