1.    #1  
    Hmm, I wonder if simply everything will be required with the EOS. I think that if this is the phone for the average Joe, sort of like training wheels for the Pre, then if they want to move volume and entrench the webOS, they may not require a data plan with this phone. What do ya think?

Or are carriers basically going to mandate data plans now across almost any remotely modern and capable phone that comes out from here onwards, thereby ingenuously effectively cutting rates and raising them at the same time? They are cutting rates by lowering the monthly plans for phones that don't require a data plan. However, as more and more people see a data plan as a necessity of modern life rather than the luxury it once was, it will grudgingly force people to fork over more money than ever before for cell phone service. I think the phone companies know this and are counting on it. Obviously, the cell phone companies are giving you more features (the data plan) so it makes sense to pay more, but I would think that the profit margin per customer is only going to increase as more and more people become chained slaves to an always-on internet in your pocket way of life.
    This has been discussed ad nauseum. I'd suggest reviewing the already existing threads, but the simple answer is no. At minimum, any of the "everything" plans with data will qualify.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    as GSM is ATT, Tmobile, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    as GSM is ATT, Tmobile, etc.
    There is a rumored Sprint version.

That is what the topic is referring to... thanks for playing along tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    This has been discussed ad nauseum. I'd suggest reviewing the already existing threads, but the simple answer is no. At minimum, any of the "everything" plans with data will qualify.
    It has been discussed on the EOS ad nauseum? no it actually hasn't been discussed at all, and the eos is targeted to the centro demographic.