Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Engadget is reporting the unsubsidized price of the EOS at $349. We can at least take that as the upper boundary for the Pre, seeing as how this pixie has half as much RAM and a smaller screen - "replacing" the Centro, which wasn't the highest end of the line.

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Don't know how they can have a definite price for a device which officially doesn't exist and no carrier officially has confirmed they're carrying
    They reported that was the ATT price. Everything costs more on ATT. Sprint will sell the Pre at a loss to get more customers and get existing customers into more profitable SE plans.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I like the candybar style more than a slider...

that thing looks sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Engadget is reporting the unsubsidized price of the EOS at $349. We can at least take that as the upper boundary for the Pre, seeing as how this pixie has half as much RAM and a smaller screen - "replacing" the Centro, which wasn't the highest end of the line.

Thoughts?
    Timeline: Palm announces the Pre, causing a lot of buzz. Apple and Verizon are in talks about a deal. AT&T gets nervous. Palm is cutting it down to the wire on release (and possible supply) on the Pre. Palm needs to keep Apple guessing. AT&T needs to show some muscle to Apple. Palm 'leaks' information of new device, possibly headed to AT&T. New device causes additional buzz about Palm. Inflated price makes stockholders happy.

There you have it.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Just drove three hours for the long weekend and am a bit tired. I meant "MIN", not "MAX." :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

Thoughts?
    I found this interesting as well. IF it's true (a huge IF, in my opinion), then I think that puts the retail price for the Pre at $549. Larger screen and twice the storage seems right at about a $200 premium.