Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    WTF Pixie?
    +1
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    A lot of people have been complaining about having to rotate the Pre from landscape to portrait mode in order to enter text. On the Eos, they most likely won't even have landscape mode to start with. If there is, they would have to flip it all the same.

TL;DR: QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT FLIPPING THE PHONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    +1
    IMO, most men will pass on buying a phone called "Pixie."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I like this phone and would almost certainly buy it. I don't care what its called. They could call it the ______ (insert "unmanly" term here) and if it has the specs I want, I'll buy it.

I don't like sliders, and while I would possibly consider overlooking that for the Pre, I want a GSM phone, and don't want to wait indefinitely for a GSM version (and then either pay the unlocked price, or wait some more for it to be available on ATT contract, if it ever would be).

I've been waiting for a GSM touchscreen candybar QWERTY that has the right combination of specs and price, and I think this one might be it for me. I'm still hanging on to my very long-in-the-tooth T650, and I need to make a change soon. Bring on the Pixie, or Eos or whatever its called.
    I don't doubt your word, but I maintain that you're in the minority.

It's the technological equivalent of a pink shirt.
    The great thing about a name is, they can always change it. You're probably right that a name like Pixie would make them unable to sell it to most men. I'm sure the marketing people will think better of that and call it something else.
    Agreed.
    I'm 100% that if Pixie is legit it all, it's only legit as an internal codename.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    If the EOS/Pixie is currently stated as being $349 pre-rebate, wouldn't one have to assume that the Pre would cost more, just given that it has higher specs?

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
    If the EOS/Pixie is currently stated as being $349 pre-rebate, wouldn't one have to assume that the Pre would cost more, just given that it has higher specs?
    Clearly. $500-$700 MSRP wouldn't be out of the question.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    This phone seems to be going squarely after the BB Curve, which is the current top selling smartphone. I like the strategy.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    How come it's bracket Castle?

I thought Castle was the Pre (hence the FCC ID O8F-CASC)?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    How come it's bracket Castle?

I thought Castle was the Pre (hence the FCC ID O8F-CASC)?
    See this:

First we saw this: TreoCentral.com | Palm Castle - Pre's Codename Slipped Out: Oops!

An then this: Palm Eos (or is it Pixie?): Thin, GSM, Awesome with this:
    The codename is apparently "castle," which we had previously assumed was the codename for the Pre.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Is it a touchscreen as well as physical keyboard like the Pre? Or are we going to have to navigate like on a Blackberry? Looks like a touchscreen unless that round thing is an optical trackball.
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    Quote Originally Posted by northy014 View Post
    Is it a touchscreen as well as physical keyboard like the Pre? Or are we going to have to navigate like on a Blackberry? Looks like a touchscreen unless that round thing is an optical trackball.
    Palm has always had touchscreens on it devices and I can't imagine the Pixie without it.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    The Pixie would be/will be huge - there are a lot of folks that don't care for sliders. This thing looks like a Treo Pro with WebOS, capacitive screen, and all the goodies.

I'll sacrifice some screen space for that tasty device, yessiireee bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    The Pixie would be/will be huge - there are a lot of folks that don't care for sliders. This thing looks like a Treo Pro with WebOS, capacitive screen, and all the goodies.

I will definitely consider it seriously.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post

I feel the same way - but I wish they would include a Dpad, external card slot, remote desktop, and allow tethering - so it would be closer to what my 755p can do
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Right, pixie is almost as silly name as pre...
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Castle is not pixie

if [[ "$hostName" == "castle" ]];then
    if [[ -e /var/gadget/usbnet_enabled && -e /var/gadget/novacom_enabled ]]; then
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x101 || true
    elif [ -e /var/gadget/usbnet_enabled ]; then
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x101 || true
    elif [ -e /var/gadget/novacom_enabled ]; then
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x8002 || true
    else
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x8004 || true
    fi
    elif [[ "$hostName" == "pixie" ]];then
    if [[ -e /var/gadget/usbnet_enabled && -e /var/gadget/novacom_enabled ]]; then
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x102 || true
    elif [ -e /var/gadget/usbnet_enabled ]; then
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x102 || true
    elif [ -e /var/gadget/novacom_enabled ]; then
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x8012 || true
    else
    /sbin/modprobe -q g_composite product=0x8012 || true
    fi
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast