Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    just saw this post as well on techcrunch.com...could it be a "centro-like" version of the pre?? this would put palm WAAAAAY back in the game!!! 1st the Pre for the hardcore and then this "mini pre" for all the kids/teens/people with dumb phones!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    the pre looks small enough already to me. i guess thinner would be good, but cant imaging smaller sscreen
    I guess by the time my contract ends ill be able to choose between both devices. The best thing about WebOS is cross platforming between all WebOS devices that might be available.
  4.    #5  
    Was thinking the same thing regarding a possible lower end webOS device. I wonder if we also will see a netbook device running webOS in 2010.
    I can't figure the Pre going any smaller LxW wise, only thing would be slimmer, which could mean KB-less? And maybe this smaller device isn't a phone at all, but rather just a PDA like the iTouch. Wouldn't that address another target market like the article suggests?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Boy Genius just posted a blurry pic. Looks like the pre-centro they said...

Palm’s next webOS device? Pre Centro? : Boy Genius Report
  7.    #8  
    Nice find. Looks like a a Centro with a longer\larger screen.
    Say Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Looks like the pre-centro they said...
    Looks like it has the combined ugliness of the iPhone and the Centro.
    I could dig a WebOS Device in a Treo Pro Format.
    I like permanently exposed keyboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Boy Genius just posted a blurry pic. Looks like the pre-centro they said...

Palm’s next webOS device? Pre Centro? : Boy Genius Report
    Is it just me? I don't see anything about that pic that makes me believe that it's not just a very blurry Pre.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    I could dig a WebOS Device in a Treo Pro Format.
    I like permanently exposed keyboards.
    I have never used a permanently exposed keyboard I would feel like the buttons would be getting pressed in my pocket all the time.(Even though locked) this can't be good for the buttons?

I'm just curious what you like about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Maintaining a similar screen size as the Pre would make it one long device when an exposed keyboard is added on. Changing the screen size or resolution already would **** off their developers.

I really expected an all touch "Prentro". Guess Palm really believes that you need buttons to have a smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Maintaining a similar screen size as the Pre would make it one long device when an exposed keyboard is added on. Changing the screen size or resolution already would **** off their developers.

I really expected an all touch "Prentro". Guess Palm really believes that you need buttons to have a smartphone.
    Palm Pronto! i like it!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Is it just me? I don't see anything about that pic that makes me believe that it's not just a very blurry Pre.
    Nope. It's got a continuous border and the bottom of the gesture area/top of the keyboard is a straight cut, not the gentle curve of the Pre.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    the should do the palm pad. ebook reader/internet device.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm kinda liking the look of this new device...I like the exposed keyboard vs. the slider. That said, I'm not waiting for this other phone to come out. I will still be getting the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I have never used a permanently exposed keyboard I would feel like the buttons would be getting pressed in my pocket all the time.(Even though locked) this can't be good for the buttons?

I'm just curious what you like about them.

I've carried Treos since the original 600, and never had any issues with the buttons. Every candy bar phone available has exposed buttons, but I haven't heard of a rash of problems as a result.

What do people like about exposed keyboards? Exactly that--they're exposed. Take it out of your pocket and it's ready to go, no flip to answer, no slide to type, just use it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast