Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    no flip to answer, no slide to type, just use it.
    After turning off button lock. I find it way more annoying to have to go through a series of software steps to use the keyboard than to flip or slide. But that's just my opinion, I'm all about options. WebOS on more devices means more support and more development.
  2. #22  
    why is the pic blurry? did it have to be blurry to sneak it out of the impenatrable compound that is palm's headquarters...or was it the spy was being chased down by the corperate espoionage defense team (CEDT) and they didn't have time to adjust the manual focus on their nikon...

    it's a fake guys, not even a particularly good one. palm may have another device up their sleeve, it may even release this year, but this is definately not it...
  3. #23  
    I'd get it to replace the Centro
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

    Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  4. #24  
  5. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I don't care for that one as much as the Pre.
  6. emuneee's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #26  
    Hellooo Eos. Can't wait to see more specs.
  7. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #27  
    It looks interesting. Probably the length of the Pre when it is open. I would assume it will be about 1/2 the thickness. I wonder if it will accept a memory card.
  8. #28  
    Full spec list, courtesy of Engadget:
    * 4GB storage
    * Price: $349 (pre-rebate)
    * Camera: 2 megapixel fixed focus digital camera and flash / video capture
    * Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR, USB 2.0 via micro USB
    * Removable 1,150 mAh battery (4 hours 3G talk time)
    * Messaging: SMS, MMS (picture and video only), integrated IM client
    * Contact sync with AT&T Address Book
    * MediaNet
    * Cellular Video
    * Email: POP3, IMAP4, and EAS support
    * A-GPS
    * Audio: WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+ ringtones
    * Video Playback: MPEG4, H.264, H.263
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  9. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Full spec list, courtesy of Engadget:
    * 4GB storage
    * Price: $349 (pre-rebate)
    * Camera: 2 megapixel fixed focus digital camera and flash / video capture
    * Video Playback: MPEG4, H.264, H.263
    Oh, the Pre better get video now.
  10. #30  
    Its convenience, really.
    I use a centro right now. I just like how easy it is to pull it out, do what I need, and put it back quickly. I suppose a slider might be prety convenient too....maybe time will tell.
  11. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #31  
    Similar dimensions to the Treo Pro.

    Maybe this is the device that Digitimes reported as being manufacturered by Compal and was delayed?
  12. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #32  
    Dude! Do you remember the comment made in Treocentral about Ed Colligan's picture holding what appeared to be an earlier Treo Pro? Methinks that was not the case and that in fact the Man had in there an easter egg of this very same Eos/Pixie device... conspiracy theory hat off now!
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    Its convenience, really.
    I use a centro right now. I just like how easy it is to pull it out, do what I need, and put it back quickly. I suppose a slider might be prety convenient too....maybe time will tell.
    Agree, I prefer the keyboard already there. For me it's more of a holding thing. I feel more secure with the whole phone in my hand when I'm typing as opposed to just being on the bottom half with a slider.

    I'm now torn, I was going to switch to Spring and cancel my AT&T contract for the Pre. Do I wait for this guy and not pay the cancellation fee??

    What I'll probably do is get the Pre to try without cancelling my contract, and see if I can consider going back to another phone while I wait for this guy.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Agree, I prefer the keyboard already there. For me it's more of a holding thing. I feel more secure with the whole phone in my hand when I'm typing as opposed to just being on the bottom half with a slider.

    I'm now torn, I was going to switch to Spring and cancel my AT&T contract for the Pre. Do I wait for this guy and not pay the cancellation fee??

    What I'll probably do is get the Pre to try without cancelling my contract, and see if I can consider going back to another phone while I wait for this guy.
    The correct answer is: You never change phone providers for a phone.
    Mike
  15. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    The correct answer is: You never change phone providers for a phone.
    That might be the logic you live by, but AT&T would be worse off that Sprint right now if other people followed that logic.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    That might be the logic you live by, but AT&T would be worse off that Sprint right now if other people followed that logic.
    It's not logic. Just good common sense. If a provider's network is crap, no phone is going to make it better...and you will soon tire of the phone.

    Oh, well. ETF's and new account fees help their business I guess!
    Mike
  17. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Just good common sense.
    That is long gone my friend. Some people would just rather have a cool looking phone and sacrifice great network coverage.
  18. #38  
    Think I will add that to my sig line entitled stupid quotes of the year.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Why the hell should I care who my phone provider is as long as I get a connection when I need one? They are dumb pipes as far as I'm concerned and I want to get it as cheap as possible. A smart phone, on the other hand, is my constant companion.
    Unless its a CDMA smartphone and you are in Europe.
  20. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #40  
    Well, WebOS is a wickedly good looking OS wherever you put it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions