1.    #1  
    Rumor Alert: Forget The Pre, Palm’s Got A Second Device Coming Out This Year. We’re Calling It The Mini-Pre

One of our better sources indicated to us that Palm is “very far along” on a second Pre-like device and currently has plans to put it on the market in the late part of 2009, possibly as early as the Fall.
    I'm slowly going mad, my brain is cramping-up.

Maybe Palm will do the right thing and make it GSM and launch it simultaneously in India as well. But with 3G and WiFi and Bluetooth and keyboard and removable memory card and removable battery.
    How do we know it's not the GSM Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    How do we know it's not the GSM Pre?
    That would be even worse, as then there is a distinct possibility that the Pre will be only CDMA. Shame on you Palm!

PS: We are only guessing, and making small-talk. Otherwise there would be nothing to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    That would be even worse, as then there is a distinct possibility that the Pre will be only CDMA. Shame on you Palm!
    Don't see that, as there has already been a photo of a Pre with SIM card and talk of a European realease
    It's most likely the next Centro running webOS. It's due for a refresh and has been too popular to let die.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    The article says. "...hopefully that means slimmer..". I think the Pre is thin enough. Anything thinner would mean less battery life, and possibly not as sturdy, to me.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

A "mini-Pre" without keyboard could be a direct competitor to the iPhone at a lower price point, or as a response to Apple cutting the price of the current iPhone when 3.0 comes out. A keyless Pre at just below iPhone prices would let Palm put a Pre-mium price on the big Pre, but Fall is probably too late for that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    The article says. "...hopefully that means slimmer..". I think the Pre is thin enough. Anything thinner would mean less battery life, and possibly not as sturdy, to me.
    If it doesn't have a keyboard, it could be thinner and retain the same battery.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    It will be out by the end of the second half of 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    It's most likely the next Centro running webOS. It's due for a refresh and has been too popular to let die.
    Centro 2 - I agree!
    Isn't this interesting? All of these new devices coming out of palm? I thought this was coming out before the pre
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Nah I disagree - the Pre is a slider, pics of the Eos show it to be basically a Centro - so they could definitely make it slimmer without compromising battery because they won't have the big slider mechanism.
    EXACTLY!
    Anyone who has played with a Nokia E71 knows slim (10 mm) does not mean small battery (it has a 1500 mAh battery) and it does not mean fragile device (it's made out of steel).
    I can't imagine a smaller Pre. There needs to be a slightly larger one. The screen is almost too small for me as it is. A WebOS device with slightly larger screen and larger battery would probably open more doors than an even smaller device.

BTW, I wonder if using a different name other than Pre for every device will be a marketing mistake. Accessories and sites dedicated to 'Pre' will have to rethink about catering to 'webOS', not Pre.

IE, Pre Central should probably be called webOS Central.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Oh yeah, good point. What if Palm comes out with several webOS devices, all with various names and such. At that point, maybe change the name to Palm-Central?
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    This site says that it will be available on AT&T

Palm Pixie Poised To Run Palm's Web OS