1.    #1  
    This really doesn't have to do with the Treo and for some reason I have no idea if this would work or not but if you have a BT adapter, it's possible to use your BT headset with your computer making calls or using it as a mic I guess? It seems feasable anyways.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    This really doesn't have to do with the Treo and for some reason I have no idea if this would work or not but if you have a BT adapter, it's possible to use your BT headset with your computer making calls or using it as a mic I guess? It seems feasable anyways.
    Short answer yes.
  3.    #3  
    I'm honestly not sure why I even thought this might not be possible. My mistake.
    it is possible, you have to be aware though that many BT adapters will eb recognized by WIndows XP SP2 as generic peripherils. Meaning, regardless of how you try, when you plug the adapter in, XP will install its own driver, which will make it impossible to use BT for headsets. Many of the BT adapters are coiming with widcomm drivers, which have been discontinued as far as support and upgrades are concerned, so the only way to make it work afterall, is to go into the device manager and uninstall the xp bt driver manually and then install the driver that came with the adapter thru the "have disk" feature. I have had mixed experiences. For all XP application, such as media player for example, BT works well. for some older applications like TV and radio cards and even for messenger and skype it works. But there are some new applications that simply do not recognize the BT driver, no matter what you try. Software support for these applications recommended that i downgrade the software to an earlier release to use BT with it... It comes down to windows dirver recognition...
  5.    #5  
    Mine worked when I tried it. Now I just need the Treo to have BT 1.2 so I can get some headphones!