1.    #1  
    Curious if anyone has compared the speed of Blazer on a 650 to the browser speed on a Blackberry 7100.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I believe it all depends on your carrier, but from my experience, the blackberry 7100t and the treo pretty much load pages at the same rate. i have used both devices.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
  3.    #3  
    I'm on Cingular in L.A.....I just wondered if both got EDGE speeds.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I don't know how they compare, but quite honestly, I think the interface for the treo is more intuitive. I can't, just can't get used to the blackberry interface, plus I love being able to actually touch the screen if I want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I don't know how they compare, but quite honestly, I think the interface for the treo is more intuitive. I can't, just can't get used to the blackberry interface, plus I love being able to actually touch the screen if I want to.
    I agree, Merlyn_3D! I used the T-Mobile Blackberry 7100t and did not like the interface at all, compared to the Treo. I, like you, like to have the option to use the touch screen to click on links and such.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Oh man, only had my 650 for a couple months now and there have been a couple times at work when i have been using my treo then stopped to type something in my computer and i have touched the computer screen expecting it to react. Sometimes im so special.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    The Blackberry 7100g (and 7290) are not EDGE devices.

But for general page-loading, I'd actually say it depends on network more than device. The Blackberry appears faster on the Cingular (Orange) network; the Treo 650 is faster on the AT&T/Cingular (Blue) network. I can't speak to T-Mobile...
    The problem with Blazer is the time it takes to process and render complex pages, not the time it takes to download.

I have been comparing Blazer speed with a standard GPRS connection, an Edge connection, a Bluetooth and a Wifi connection.

- If you browse to a very basic bage with no css..., blazer is very fast as soon as you have a fast connection (edge, BT or WIFI timings are almost identical)

- If you browse to any complex page (as most pages today), the download is fast, then you have to wait sometimes up to 15 seconds for blazer to render the pages...

The only difference I felt between Edge, BT and WIFI is round trip time. It's faster with BT and WIFI.

I couldn't feel or time any difference between BT and Wifi (with the enfora sled)

stipus
    You're comparing apples to oranges. I'll tell you how it compares to an equivlent EDGE device when i get my free 8700 blackberry from cingular .
  10.    #10  
    Well....if the Blackberry forces you to walk through links instead of touching screen, I'd call that a dealbreaker.
    I went head to head with a 7100g earlier this week and my 650 on Cingular wiped it out in regards to pulling up pages and the look and feel of those pages. However, I am also looking forward to seeing the 8700c since I need the BB functionality and may not be able to wait for Cingular to make BB Connect available for my 650