Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh no. I finally got the purple ones, fit it on properly and got used to it and now I can't charge the hbh-300 with the eargel on it! Do you all have the hbh-300 and how do you charge with it on? It sticks out too much and causes it not to connect properly in my cradle/stand
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Oh no. I finally got the purple ones, fit it on properly and got used to it and now I can't charge the hbh-300 with the eargel on it! Do you all have the hbh-300 and how do you charge with it on? It sticks out too much and causes it not to connect properly in my cradle/stand
    I don't use the the cradle. I never liked it. I have several standalone chargers I use so having the eargel on was never an issue for me.
    What kind of standalone charger do you have that you can use with the hbh-300 that is apart from the cradle style? Where do I get that?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  4.    #24  
    What kind of standalone charger do you have that you can use with the hbh-300 that is apart from the cradle style? Where do I get that?
    The cord that plugs into the cradle can also be plugged directly into the headset.
    I have a jabra eargel on my HBH 300 and I still use the cradle. It charges just fine, but it has a little pivot to it. Give it a try before you conclude it doesn't work. Maybe you have a different version than I do, but my cradle is "original equipment."
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    I have a jabra eargel on my HBH 300 and I still use the cradle. It charges just fine, but it has a little pivot to it. Give it a try before you conclude it doesn't work. Maybe you have a different version than I do, but my cradle is "original equipment."
    What do you mean by the pivot? I have the original cradle (which is like a big circle thing that you click the actual cradle into) and it lets me set the HBH 300 in it and the red light turns on for a second but unless I hold it down into the cradle with my hand the red light immediately turns off. If I take off the eargel it clicks in fine and stays red until it is fully charged.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    The cord that plugs into the cradle can also be plugged directly into the headset.
    It can? It isn't the same size as the connection that is in the cradle part so I don't see how it fits into the headset. It is like a connector that you connect the cradle cord to and then the connector plugs into the wall right? Is there some other thing you have?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    It can? It isn't the same size as the connection that is in the cradle part so I don't see how it fits into the headset. It is like a connector that you connect the cradle cord to and then the connector plugs into the wall right? Is there some other thing you have?
    I replied to your PM as well...

I have the OEM cradle, and the charging cable that plugs into the cradle can be used standalone... which is what I use when I charge it at my office at home. On the road, or at my work office I use the IGO chargers with the SonyEricsson tips.

Maybe you should take a pic of your cradle and cable so we can see what you are talking about.
    Back on topic...

so I keep losing these purple eargels (more user error then the fault of the headsets+eargels). Digging through my collection of Jabra stuff... I noticed I have two different versions of the clear eargels. One without the flaps, and one with. Seems the more recent clear ones being sold (eg, Radio Shack) have the flaps - though they are slightly shorter then the colored ones. For me, the clear ones with the flaps fit alot more snug then the similar purple ones.

I noticed several prior threads discussed how the clear ones got dirty easy. Guess that was one nice thing the purple ones would hide...
    What do you mean by the pivot? I have the original cradle (which is like a big circle thing that you click the actual cradle into) and it lets me set the HBH 300 in it and the red light turns on for a second but unless I hold it down into the cradle with my hand the red light immediately turns off. If I take off the eargel it clicks in fine and stays red until it is fully charged.
    When I put my HBH-300 in the cradle, the mouth piece area pivots forward a little to accomodate the ear gel on the ear piece, without loosing the charging connection. The "fulcrum" is the charging connection point. On my cradle, I have enough play to accomodate the ear gel and still use the cradle for charging. Without the ear gel, the ear part would fit flush against the cradle.
    Can someone post a picture of what part they consider the "flaps"? Also, is there any way to get the purple ones without having to buy an earpiece? I was able to buy the clear ones at RS in a set.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12