1.    #1  
    The backlight on the keyboard seems to light up every night, I am guessing around 3AM. I have to press the power button on then off to disable it.

I am going to try Keyshades as a solution, but does anybody know the cause? This is the only problem I have with the keyboard backlight.

Does it have something to do with the phone checking for updated system software? I seem to remember that happening daily in the middle of the night.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Snappermail; Do 3AM Tasks.
  3.    #3  
    I am not sure what that means. I don't use Snappermail.
    Do you have a back up program?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    My keyboard and backlight have been coming on around 8:00 or 9:00 pm for no apparent reason. No roaming, no weak signal, phone is just sitting on the counter. I use Verichat, but it's not coming on for data. I use Versimail, but have it configured to manually check messages.

I had KBLights installed, among just a few other third party apps, most of which are installed to my SD card. Seems I have had the lights coming on since the 1.12a 911 Sprint Update, so I don't know if it's related. Recently installed Isilo too, so could be related to that as well. I was in a car crash about a week or so agon, and the phone received minor damage, so maybe something on the inside was damaged as a result.

The only way to turn off the lights once they came on was to soft reset, so I decided to go ahead and hard reset to see if that curbs the problem. If so, I guess I'll install apps 1 at a time for two days until I can find the offending app.
    If you do the hard reset, remember to rename your backup folder to backupold on your PC, before you do the first hotsync after the hard reset -- or else you will automatically get all the third party stuff back and not be any better off.

Programs>Palm>userid>backup to backupold

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/14/2005 at 09:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    My sprint 600 screen lights up at 3:30 am on or offline for no teason. It will shut off after the timeout, but why would it do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337
    My sprint 600 screen lights up at 3:30 am on or offline for no teason. It will shut off after the timeout, but why would it do this?
    DST check?
    Mine likes to turn on at 12:09AM, that seems to be normal for treos. I also have resco backup running at 3AM.
    Mine never stops lighting up,,,,,,,, I think its scared of the dark......

Its spooky to walk in the kitchen and see your treo lit on the table,,,,,, makes you look around a bit to see who was pushing the buttons
    maybe fading in & out of service???
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Me too... Seemed like 2:30am last night when my wife was feeding the baby. Both my wife's 650 and mine were on and turned off at the same time she says.

She said atleast one was in FileZ when she looked at it. Makes me wonder... I thought FileZ was pretty well respected, it could have been the last thing that I used on her phone though. I'm still wondering about some trojan activity.

I know VeriChat (which I've been trying out this week) keeps thinking it might want the data network started up.

Hum... oh both phones are Sprint.

I'd like to know what the heck is going on.

-Scott
    the little guy is just saying hi, personally i like it when he checks in with me.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serrs
    I'm still wondering about some trojan activity.
    -Scott
    trojan activity? is there such thing on palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by serrs
    Me too... Seemed like 2:30am last night when my wife was feeding the baby. Both my wife's 650 and mine were on and turned off at the same time she says.

She said atleast one was in FileZ when she looked at it. Makes me wonder... I thought FileZ was pretty well respected, it could have been the last thing that I used on her phone though. I'm still wondering about some trojan activity.

I know VeriChat (which I've been trying out this week) keeps thinking it might want the data network started up.

Hum... oh both phones are Sprint.

I'd like to know what the heck is going on.

-Scott
    It wasn't FileZ. Probably was just the last thing that was open b4 it was turned off.

Something is in operation in the background that is causing the wake ups. Try removing Verichat from both units and see if the problem continues. If it is not that software -- it is another.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Mine never stops lighting up,,,,,,,, I think its scared of the dark......

Its spooky to walk in the kitchen and see your treo lit on the table,,,,,, makes you look around a bit to see who was pushing the buttons
    Where's the PPC-6700?
    Or is the Treo 650 in question now your bride's?

Cheers, Perry.
    if you are using a generic NON-OEM charger, this can be the case
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Where's the PPC-6700?
    Or is the Treo 650 in question now your bride's?

Cheers, Perry.
    I must have unsubscribed from this thread,,,,,, Well on 11/15/05 I still had the Treo. I believe a week later though I sold it on ebay. The PPC is doing good. Its NO treo but its a nice change of pace,,,,, satisfying a curiosity really..... to tell you the truth though palm has is easier to use and the treo is the best PDA available!

The 700p will be very tempting...... But the universal is MORE tempting!!!