Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I just activated the built in security on my 650 but when I do a hotsync, it does not ask me for my password before the hotsync starts.
    My question is, if I loose my device does that mean that any body can hotsync my device to a PC and get all my information?
    I understand once it has been hotsynced to a new PC, then it will ask for the paasword to access the info on PC. But the files on the PC would be very easy to get to. Wouldn't it?
    Not only are the files easy to get to, but the "protected" info in them is not encrypted and can be easily read using say Notepad.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    try Teal Lock @tealpoint.com. It has more protection and let's you lock out the Ir port and sync port when activated
    glenng, do you use TealLock on your Treo? Last time I tested it, it woke up my Treo every time ~1 after I powered it off. I set it to lock right away (0 seconds) so I did not expect it to wake up later. Any idea?
    I have security setup to turn on after 30 secs. With mine, I can't hotsync without entering the password, so I don't think it would be possible to hotsync with out my password.
    I use msafe...extreamly good app. Built in features... remote locking of your device via sms and has the ability to wipe all data from your device ( even fron the SD card) if your device is lost or stolen via sms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckie
    I use msafe...extreamly good app. Built in features... remote locking of your device via sms and has the ability to wipe all data from your device ( even fron the SD card) if your device is lost or stolen via sms.
    I use TealLock and mSafe, and they both work together well.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway