Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have done some searches for this and every thread i have read is regarding Bluetooth Syncing.

I am not syncing bluetooth, just standard USB.

But it has always worked fine, and today it started saying "'Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application."

Here is what I have tried:

1. Reboot

2. Restart Hotsync

3. Soft Reset

4. Reboot/Restart/Soft Reset

5. Change USB Cables

6. Change USB Ports

7. Change Local/Ports in Hotsync Manager

Still I am recieving this error!

Any ideas?

BenJoe
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Have you added or changed a firewall on your comp? try opening my Bluetooth Places before syncing.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, I haven't changed anything to my firewall, but I did go in and made sure Hotsync has an exception for the firewall. I am not using bluetooth and I haven't. My computer is not bluetooth enabled. So I am not sure what to check with that.

In the end, I can't sync at all, any more ideas
    Forgive me in advance but...are the different usb ports you used part of the same card/hub? Do other USB devices work in these ports?

You could go into device manager and uninstall the USB controller and reboot so it will reinstall the controller and may allow you to sync.
    Road Below

IHS
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Try uninstalling any other USB devices you have, and see if it works then. If it does, not sure what the work around is, but at least you know it can work. This has happened to me in the past.