Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I have mentioned this in the Volume Care thread but have found that thread to be extremely unmanageable when trying to reference a previoous thread or issue so, I post here. The last time ithis was mentioned and verified by others was when Jeff was on vacation or otherwise travelling w/ limited access to these forums.

I am using VC version 4.30 and if the boost is set at the 'recommended' or higher value, I get volume spikes when on a call and I get a text message simutaneously. This hapens when I am on a wired headset only. I have also noticed that if I go to another app or if I touch the screen while on a call w/my headset I get this same volume spike. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    I have mentioned this in the Volume Care thread but have found that thread to be extremely unmanageable when trying to reference a previoous thread or issue so, I post here. The last time ithis was mentioned and verified by others was when Jeff was on vacation or otherwise travelling w/ limited access to these forums.

I am using VC version 4.30 and if the boost is set at the 'recommended' or higher value, I get volume spikes when on a call and I get a text message simutaneously. This hapens when I am on a wired headset only. I have also noticed that if I go to another app or if I touch the screen while on a call w/my headset I get this same volume spike. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    There was a problem that I fied in v4.44 that was similar to this issue. Try upgrading and see if you still have this behavior.

BTW: I am looking for a volunteer to manage my forums for me! That person will get free software from me if they do a good job with the forums.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff. I'll try the latest version and see if this resolves my issue.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem with 5.15, though I haven't noticed it with app switching. My big problem is that I am deafened when answering a call and using my wired headset. The volume is way higher than it should be, put clicking volume down just once drops it to where it should be, then clicking it back up once is a nice but not excessive volume increase. Everything is set to default levels... BTW, this is on a Sprint 650 with 1.12a firmware. I came to this forum specifically looking for an answer to this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet
    I have a similar problem with 5.15, though I haven't noticed it with app switching. My big problem is that I am deafened when answering a call and using my wired headset. The volume is way higher than it should be, put clicking volume down just once drops it to where it should be, then clicking it back up once is a nice but not excessive volume increase. Everything is set to default levels... BTW, this is on a Sprint 650 with 1.12a firmware. I came to this forum specifically looking for an answer to this problem.
    Load 5.16 (http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=16) and let me know if this helps.

Also, what type of headset are you using? mono or stereo?

Contact me directly if this release does not help.

Jeff
    support@GoTreoSoftware.com
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Didn't work, sent email. Thanks