1.    #1  
    I understand theres a solid bit of firmware which strips out orange's appalling interface?

Does anyone have the link to a download/instructions?

Thanks

Matt
    Find, Download and install non official update 1.23
    Then download and install offical software update 1.13-ROW with firmware 1.28

Do this at your own risk

stipus
    Also, you need to ask this question in the Worldwide GSM section.

I know there are Orange users in there that have done the change, so they will only be too happy tell you how they got on
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    The correct procedure is in my previous post. There is nothing more to say, and this procedure was tested a few months ago with success. I'm still on 1.28-ROW on my Orange locked Treo, and all Orange specific apps are removed when you do that.

stipus
    Quote Originally Posted by stipus
    > Do this at your own risk

There is nothing more to say, and this procedure was tested a few months ago with success.

stipus
    And I thought this place was about discussion
    Thought of the day :
    Sure, but what do you want to discuss ?

Hollow Earth asked for a procedure to remove Orange stuff from his Treo, and I think he got the answer. There have already been many discussions on this subject when 1.23 was 'found' a few monthes ago, and I think I just summarized all important points from these past discussions.
    i followed the process mentioned above today and works a treat, less crashes too
    Sure, but what do you want to discuss ?

Hollow Earth asked for a procedure to remove Orange stuff from his Treo, and I think he got the answer. There have already been many discussions on this subject when 1.23 was 'found' a few monthes ago, and I think I just summarized all important points from these past discussions.
    Fair enough, but as he has a low post count I thought he might be interested that the GSM area was full of Orange users.

Plus "Do this at your own risk" seemed to imply there could be problems

No big deal
    Thought of the day :
  9.    #9  
    There have already been many discussions on this subject when 1.23 was 'found' a few monthes ago, and I think I just summarized all important points from these past discussions.
    Thanks stipus. I just need to work out where to dl these patches now.