Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Every since I updated Docs to Go to vs. 8.0 I have not been able to do an OTA update of Chatter. The choice to install to Applications is gone. There are only two choices Web or Card. Any ideas on how to fix this. I have tried reinstalling the PalmSource Installer but no luck. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=4&pp=20 starting at post #66.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Yes, that happened to me also. DTG 8 must be buggy.

    Marc
  3. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #3  
    I had the same thing happen to me!! I also can not download just from Blazer as well, it now is only giving me the option of web or card, but when I save to the card it is not working either.

    I did a hard reset and manual install of everything and the problem still exists.

    Any ideas
  4. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #4  
    Update!

    After some hard thinking an idea came to me! I used Resco Explorer and added saw that the associations for zip's and .psi's was missing. So I added them and it recognized the installer right away. But it still wouldn't download, so I then moved (Hence Deleted) my unsaved preferences file to see if it would work and after a soft reset! WALLA! Chatter upgraded with out a problem.

    of course this causes me to re-enter a number of serial numbers and fix settings, so I have put it back until I decided which is easier.

    Good Luck
    Last edited by BenJoeM; 11/14/2005 at 01:17 AM.
  5. gottago's Avatar
    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    Every since I updated Docs to Go to vs. 8.0 I have not been able to do an OTA update of Chatter. The choice to install to Applications is gone. There are only two choices Web or Card. Any ideas on how to fix this. I have tried reinstalling the PalmSource Installer but no luck. ...
    I got the same choices and I don't have D2G 8.0 installed. I tried to download the Beta version. I had to go with the stable version to get it to work.
  6. #6  
    How about using the dataviz tech tool to delete dataviz saved preferences. I did this and under psi is shows the package installer association.
  7. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    How about using the dataviz tech tool to delete dataviz saved preferences. I did this and under psi is shows the package installer association.
    This seems to have worked. I can do OTA's now. Thanks.
  8. #8  
    BTW heres the newest version of the tech tool. The first release had some problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9. #9  
    Nice find. Deleting the DTG preferences worked for me too. I wish they tested this a bit more before the release.
  10. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    BTW heres the newest version of the tech tool. The first release had some problems.
    Is this the same version you posted in the applications forum?
  11. #11  
    Ya
  12. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #12  
    I used DatavizTech.prc and OTA worked. Next time I went to DocToGo it asked to be default program for its applications. I went back to test OTA and found it broken again. It looks like a hard reset and restore back to the prior version and I out another $30.

Posting Permissions