Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Any deals on this anyplace?
    I have posted my review of the headset. I didn't have any hissing problems.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Thanks for the tip andrew77! I tried out the EarGel and it makes a huge difference for me in comfort and volume! I can wear it much longer without having to adjust it with the EarGel. Volume is also much louder too with the EarGel. I used to have the volume near max when I was outside or driving... but now I have it less then half the max volume level all of the time since it's too loud if I go any higher. It also seems to block out backgroud noise a bit.

Thanks again for the tip!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    paqmaster and andrew77,

When using the EarGel do you still need the earclip that comes with the unit? or do you remove it and use the gel only?

Thanks
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    paqmaster and andrew77,

Can either of you post a picture of the Jabra with the eargel? Does the eargel stay on good or would it be necessary to use glue to keep it on? I use an eargel with my HBH-660 but had to Superglue it on so it would stay in place.

Thanks!
    jnjewlz:

I use the ear gel only, so far so good. Plus, I don't like the ear clips because I wear glasses.

MarkY:

I have photos on page 2 of the thread in two posts. The eargels come in color or clear versions. The Jabra is on the top, the Plantronics on the bottom. The eargel stays put on the earpiece without glue, but it might help if you want to be sure that they don't detach from each other.
    I never used the ear clip even before I used the eargel. For me even without the eargel, it fit pretty well. Adding the eargel though makes the fit and comfort near perfect for me. I don't know why Jabra just didn't include a set of these eargels with the jx10. Once you remove the black rubber ring, the eargels fit very nicely... almost like they were made for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenor
    Any deals on this anyplace?
    I found it on www.mobileplanet.com for $118.95.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I found it on www.mobileplanet.com for $118.95.
    Zane
    $118.95 + $5 shipping is not bad... anyone buy from mobileplanet before or had any problems with them?
    Ebay has some JX10's w/ free car charger bundles for $129 + $12 shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    $118.95 + $5 shipping is not bad... anyone buy from mobileplanet before or had any problems with them?
    Ebay has some JX10's w/ free car charger bundles for $129 + $12 shipping
    I have used Mobileplanet before with no problems. They are out of Indiana.
    I ordered mine yesterday and upgraded to UPS 2nd day air for $16. It should get here tomorrow.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I have used Mobileplanet before with no problems. They are out of Indiana.
    I ordered mine yesterday and upgraded to UPS 2nd day air for $16. It should get here tomorrow.
    Zane
    Let us know how you like it, and if yours has any static issues... thx
    I just got one of these yesterday and it doesnt work on my 650. since other people are getting it to work I have to assume it is Verizon. I tried a friends 650, also on verizon and same problem. it beeps, connects, etc. but no voice.

I sent an e-mail to thier support and here is their response:

Andrew,

This is an issue we are beginning to hear. It seems like there is an issue with the Treo 650 and the JX10 when it comes to audio. At this time there is no soluction but we are looking into as we speak.

Sorry,

Jeff
    Technical Support
    JABRA North America
    www.JABRA.com
    My JX10 arrived yesterday as promised. I got it charged this morning and now up and running. The size is incredible. It is half the size of the Palm Treo unit. Sound quality is quite acceptable. I have not yet noticed any background hissing. One person thought she heard a slight echo. Pairing with my Sprint 650 was very easy. Auto-answer and redial are working. I think it picks up incoming calls a little faster than the Palm Treo earpiece. It can be worn with or without the ear hook. I will probably use the hook just as a safety net.
    So far I am very pleased with this. The design is superb.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I got my JX10 today. Returned my H700, as it did not work with my Verizon T650.
    The JX10 does everything it is supposed to. Sound quality is good on both ends. No hissing or popping. Redial works great! I am very happy with it.
    Bill
    I got mine this morning. The sound quality is very good at both ends. None of the people I spoke to could understand the difference between my regular calls and the headset. I am using the eargel and it is much more comfortable than the earclip.
    I have the Jabra JX10 for sale $119.99 Free Shipping, If anyone is interested AIM: eGlobal Wireless
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    this guys pretty cheap to, i got mine delivered yesterday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I got mine at Shop4Tech. Free shipping. I'm using the eargel and clip. You need to bend the clip so that it leans in more toward your ear in order to clear the extra distance due to the ear gel. Then it is quite comfortable.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Pairs fine with Jabra X10. No problems with ingoing or outgoing or pickup.
    Any other eargel solutions besides the Jabra? The gel is as thick as the entire unit.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew77

I use the ear gel only, so far so good. Plus, I don't like the ear clips because I wear glasses.

andrew77-

Are these the eargels you used for your JX10?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051826288038

I just got a Jx10 for my 700w (works great), and I don't like the earclip- so I use the BT device by itself in my ear... It stays on "okay", and doesn't (usually) fall off when I shake my head, but it "feels" like it is always hanging off and just about to fall out (I have small ears)....
    Anyway, the only time my JX10 fell out of my ear was when I was chewing my dinner (once). I am thinking about putting on an eargel to see if it will "feel more secure" inside my ear.
    Just wanted to check if these Jabra eargels are the one in your photo-
    thx
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast