Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I dont know of any BT headsets that doesnt have some blinking light (mostly blue). I am definitely happy to hear that it is less intrusive than others (I currently use the TWH). Maybe I should just paint over the light or something to mask it!

Have any of you checked the callwaiting, ignore, mute, and redial functions on it yet with the Treo? Does it come with a second charger (portable) along with the stand?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    I dont know of any BT headsets that doesnt have some blinking light (mostly blue).
    No blinking on the Sony/Ericsson headsets.

http://www.diegotorres.com.ar/mensaj...emA60_prv1.gif
    Well, now I know!!! And knowing is half the battle! But then, how would you know its on or off? (I think they all should have a toggle switch)
    I have had my JX10 for 3 days now. Previously I had a Motorola HS820. I love this new headset! Yes, there is a small hissing noice, but if I hadn't read about it on this thread, I wouldn't have noticed it. the JX10 is so small, I had to point it out to some friends, ie, they didn't notice it on my ear. The last call redial works great. I haven't tested anything els yet. I am going to test voice dialing today. Which one does everyone recommend?
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, 1.28/1.13-ROW, T-Mobile
    III -> Vx -> m505 -> m515 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxgolfnut
    I have had my JX10 for 3 days now. Previously I had a Motorola HS820. I love this new headset! Yes, there is a small hissing noice, but if I hadn't read about it on this thread, I wouldn't have noticed it. the JX10 is so small, I had to point it out to some friends, ie, they didn't notice it on my ear. The last call redial works great. I haven't tested anything els yet. I am going to test voice dialing today. Which one does everyone recommend?

I'm considering this headset. I read in a previous post that you hear a beep on connection and hangup. I currently have a hbh-662 with eargel and the beep is so loud it drives me nuts. How loud is the beep on the JX-10?
    Thanks.
  6.    #26  
    hissing noise? UNACCEPTABLE!!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm also considering this headset; my umpteenth(sp?) attempt to find one that most of my needs! It would help me to know how many seconds that you have to hold in the button to turn if off? Thanks.
    anyone compare this to the HBH-300 or logitech mobile pro? Which to me are the best outgoing sound quality headsets there are.

I'm still trying to find the smallest headset with the BEST noise cancelling microphone. Both the hbh-300 and logitech mobile are absolutely great for outgoing. But a little bulky.

please let me know how the outgoing sound is. both headsets above, when i'm on the phone in the car, or even at the grocery store, people don't know where I'm at and I sound like i'm in my office.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    anyone compare this to the HBH-300 or logitech mobile pro?
    I have the HBH-300 and just picked up the JX-10. Here is a quick comparison:

- JX-10 has slightly better incoming sound quality, louder
    - HBH-300 has better outgoing sound quality especially when used in car at highway speed. (in a quiet room, the two are about the same). Noise reduction is about the same on both, but outgoing voice is somewhat muffled in noisy situations with JX-10, but is very clear with HBH-300. HBH-300 has awesome outgoing sound quality. When I use HBH-300 in car at highway speed, the other party can't tell if I'm in the car or in the office.
    - JX-10 is easier to use: more intuitive controls, better audio feedback to commands, better tactile feedback from buttons
    - JX-10 takes only 1 second to turn on, HBH-300 takes 5 seconds; both take 5 seconds to turn off
    - Range seems about the same on both; both are free of static
    - HBH-300 makes an annoyingly loud beep on call connect, JX-10 connect beep is more subtle
    - JX-10 provides more relible, consistent connections, it has yet to fail to connect to a call like the HBH-300 would occasionally
    - JX-10 is more comfortable (and more compact and stylish)

Overall, JX-10 is a nice headset, as good as, or better than the HBH-300 in every way except for outgoing sound quality in a noisy situation.

G
    GeorgeP,

thank you... Wow, that's a tough call then. it sounds like the JX-10 is almost perfect. Except for the outgoing sound quality in a noisy car at highway speeds. That's where for me, it's most important.

What do people on the other end think it sounds like when you are in the car with the jx-10? or outside, or in a grocery store, etc..

I'm with you on the HBH-300, the noise cancelling is awesome.
    Yeah,

I haven't asked anyone how I sound with the JX10, but have got no complaints. I tested by leaving voicemails for myself (JX10, HBH-300, and no headset) from the car. The JX10 had decent noise reduction, but the voice had a slightly muffled, slightly choppy electronic quality (the slight choppiness could be minimized by speaking a little louder). By comparison, when using without the headset, there was more background noise, but the voice was more natural. When using the HBH-300, there was little background noise and the voice was natural. HBH-300 outgoing was much better than no headset in the car. The JX10 outgoing was a little better than no headset (i.e., better noise reduction outweighs the slightly muffled, electronic quality).

The JX10 is a NICE headset, but the difference in outgoing is big enough that I will likely continue to use the HBH-300 for in-car use.

G
    Last edited by GeorgeP; 01/02/2006 at 04:18 PM.
    I got mine in on Saturday. This is the first Bluetooth headset that I've owned. For the most part, I love it. Everyone I've talked to says that it sounds better than the mic on my Treo alone! It's small, light, and I am comfortable now using it without the ear hook. My only complaint is the signal. Even when I have my Treo in my front right pocket with the JX10 on my right ear it kind of pops (popcorn-sound I guess) when I wave my arm in front of it. If I'm holding onto it in my hand, it's fine. I really expected a better signal than this. Maybe this is all Bluetooth headsets or maybe I got a bad apple. Anyone else have experience with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP
    The JX10 had decent noise reduction, but the voice had a slightly muffled, slightly choppy electronic quality.

When using the HBH-300, there was little background noise and the voice was natural.
    It seems that headsets with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) tend to muffle outgoing voice clarity. I had the same problem with the SE HBH-610... It looked snazzy with the black changeable faceplate that gave it an all-black look but the muffled voice clarity meant I had to repeat myself several times especially if speaking fast.

This made me go back to the current champ, SE HBH-300... The HBH-300 is advertised as having some form of noise reduction but doesn't say exactly what technology it uses. However, it's unlikely to be DSP as SE would have advertised it as such otherwise.

I guess digital = muffled voice clarity... (a side effect of the electronic process?)
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Ok I am having issue with this headset. I ordered it from treocentral, charged it, pairing was ok, when I call it picket up as I heard a little "bleep" but...then there was nothing. No voice from the other end, not the person on other end can hear me. When I turn off the headset, I could hear call on my treo650. I have two Treo650's, One is from sprint and the other one is unlocked one. I tried with both phones and I amhaving the same problem. Any clues before I send it back???

Edit: I just checked and tested headset sucessfully on my laptop. So headset is working. I spoke on skype and chatted on yahoo with it. So it is with my treos. I am clueless as both my treos 650s are updated to newest updates and other bluetooth headsets are working ok (I have logitech mobile pro, SE660 and SE300).
    Any help??
    Last edited by Ehsan; 01/06/2006 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Ok I am having issue with this headset. I ordered it from treocentral, charged it, pairing was ok, when I call it picket up as I heard a little "bleep" but...then there was nothing. No voice from the other end, not the person on other end can hear me. When I turn off the headset, I could hear call on my treo650. I have two Treo650's, One is from sprint and the other one is unlocked one. I tried with both phones and I amhaving the same problem. Any clues before I send it back???

Edit: I just checked and tested headset sucessfully on my laptop. So headset is working. I spoke on skype and chatted on yahoo with it. So it is with my treos. I am clueless as both my treos 650s are updated to newest updates and other bluetooth headsets are working ok (I have logitech mobile pro, SE660 and SE300).
    Any help??
    I had the same problem with mine. What I found out was that when I was trying to pair the JX10, I was holding down the pairing button too long. Mine would go solid, then blink again, then go solid again. Let go of the button when it goes solid the first time and it should work ok.
    For those looking for reviews. I just got it with the treo 700. it is AMAZING. I had the HBH 300 which had great sound quality but was painful. this has quality almost as good (or maybe slightly worse) but feels great on the ear.

It works amazing with the 700. auto connects (not the 300) perfectly and NO STATIC. you can walk accross the room and it still works just as well.

I am buying another one for my wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchuang
    I had the same problem with mine. What I found out was that when I was trying to pair the JX10, I was holding down the pairing button too long. Mine would go solid, then blink again, then go solid again. Let go of the button when it goes solid the first time and it should work ok.
    Thanks a lot. That was it. Saved me a lot of effort and headache.
    So how is the call quality guys? Is outgoing loud and clear? Any muffledness? And does the earpiece sit directly in your canal like an eargel?

Remember: Call Quality = Volume + Clarity.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I've been using this headset for about a week. The build quality seems to be good. The charging cradle is nice, no more looking for the cord, but the headset can be charged without it just using the AC adapter. A short USB charging cable is also included.

Pairing wasn't a problem, especially with the dedicated pairing button. Compared to the SonyEricsson headsets I used (HBH-30, HBH-662, HBH-610) and the Plantronics 640, the Jabra picks up calls a second or two later. The volume is good, but can be even better (loud) with the Jabra ear gels. The incoming sound quality is fine, better than the Sony HBH-610. I haven't had any complaints about the outgoing sound, but I haven't asked anyone on the other end. It does pickup background noise, just like the Plantronics 640. The range of the JX10 is better than the 640, and it has very little static at close range. (For reference, I have a Treo 650 Unlocked - FW 1.31, SW 1.13 ROW.)

Compared to the Plantronics 640, which is longer and cylindrical in shape, the JX10 is shorter and more of a flat wedge shape. It looks good, but all black would be nice.

As it comes out of the box, I didn't like the fit of the JX10 at all. With the ear hook, it just dangles off my ear, away from my face, and doesn't feel very secure - the ear hook seems to push it away from the cheek. The ear hook snaps on to the earpiece and might have a chance of separating from the headset. Without the ear hook, I couldn't use it at all. It doesn't stay in my ear canal and falls out. The Plantronics 640 is much better without the ear hook in this respect.

I had the Jabra "wing" ear gels lying around, and the largest one works well for me. It looks kind of funny, the ear gel is half the size of the headset, but it's secure - the headset doesn't fall out even with moderate shaking, but you have to get used to having something shoved into your ear. This is without gluing the ear gel to the headset. I just took the black rubber ring off the headset earpiece and put on the ear gel. It could be made to go on the headset even better with some modification and possibly glue.

The JX10 costs nearly twice as much as the other headsets I've tried, but it seems to be a good compromise between fit (with the ear gel) and function.

To any headset designers out there: please put a simple on/off toggle switch, like the Treo ringer switch, on these things.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    3 more photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast